Helwani makes 500k a year but wants more money.

I didn't realize reporters actually made that much money

“ESPN and top MMA insider Ariel Helwani are entering the late stages of a negotiation staredown that could end in a breakup, The Post has learned. Helwani, 38, is comparable on UFC coverage to Adrian Wojanaski. Helwani has nearly 2 million followers on Twitter and Instagram, building his reputation by breaking stories and being at the heart of the reporting and opinions around the fight game.

Helwani currently makes a little less than half a million dollars per year, according to sources. His current three-year deal is up in June.”

Interesting story, seems like Ariel wants to get paid more and is having difficult negotiations with ESPN because of it. If talks fail he will probably end up with CBS/Showtime where Luke thomas is at.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/14/espn-...ing-contract-staredown/?utm_source=reddit.com

Honestly, anyone with a mic and decent social skills could do Helwani's job.

Hmm not bad. I couldn't live with the constant smell of shit in my mouth from all take brown nosing though.

I guess journalism and integrity don't really go hand in hand though.

A slight update:

Helwani was asked about his ESPN deal ending in June on Oral Sessions Podcast

Ariel said its been a dream working for ESPN and hes not upset that details of his deal came to light on the NY post. At the moment he said he is not sure what is going happen on wether he gets a new ESPN deal.

He also said reason hes been at home isn’t because hes scared of Virus or Issues with UFC. It was ESPN’s call to have him work from home. He hasnt been in person at UFC event in over a year and hopes that changes soon

I mean if another offers you more money. You take it. Depending on years offered. He can still break ufc news for another company. While being paid more. Personally id stay. But i wouldnt fault him for leaving. Depending on how much more is being offered. Lets say 1.5 mill im out.

Helwani may bid himself out of a renewal, but in this day and age and the backing he has from his fans/followers he'll be fine even if he launches his own thing

Um. If he wants more money ask for negotiate for it or go somewhere else you think you are valued more.

this doesn’t apply to Ariel but all humans.

If Ariel got paid per each tear he sheds he’d be a multi-millionaire

Jewish Privilege

images

Fuck that weasel.

Probably difficult for ESPN to figure out how much to pay these guys.

The brand is bigger than the personalities, but once one of them leverages the brand long enough it would be a hit for them to go elsewhere.

$500k seems kind of low for the position he is in, he needs a new manager.

Back