• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Helwani haters eat crow

It’s never occurred to you that nobody else was “reporting” on it like Ariel was because they didn’t want to report on something they weren’t sure of and would have to stand by if they did it like journalists usually have to?

Ariel throws shit out there like this with no details and flip flops because he knows nobody’s going to hold him to actual journalistic standards. He’s an influencer, not reporter or journalist.

He’s even openly admitting right now he knew Conor was injured all along but didn’t report that because Conor’s team asked him not to you and you guys are praising him lying to you for 2 weeks instead of reporting that. Jesus Christ.
Time for a break.

Ariel actually had a source
Finish this sentence. The proper version is:

"Ariel actually had a source telling him Conor was injured but asked him not to report that so he didn't"

On top of that he even went and recorded a video the day he knew Pereira/Jiri 2 was the new main event and didn't report that then either.

How are you cucks not pissed at him? He lied to you for 2 weeks pretending not to know what had happened and what was coming. Tf does he have to do to anger you? Fuck your wife in front of you and then shit on your chest?

Or would you thank him for the corn?

Let's not champion Ariel too much. He could have easily have been fed intentionally bad info leaked by friends of the UFC, fully believing he had a scoop, while just building hype for a fight that would happen and the UFC not even having to pay for the promotion.

Would be EXACTLY like one month ago when Drake admitted to Kendrick in one of his diss tracks that his own crew fed Kendrick bad info on purpose, and then also told Kendrick a few lines later (literally) that the people he gets his info from are clowns.
Umm Ariel have a direct line to Mcgregors camp lol

Sure but Kendrick isn't a journalist. Ariel has a degree in this. He has spent the majority of his time talking to people within MMA and people think he can't possibly have reliable sources.
I think you took my post a bit more seriously than intended, and that's OK, I don't mind.

Finish this sentence. The proper version is:

"Ariel actually had a source telling him Conor was injured but asked him not to report that so he didn't"

On top of that he even went and recorded a video the day he knew Pereira/Jiri 2 was the new main event and didn't report that then either.

How are you cucks not pissed at him? He lied to you for 2 weeks pretending not to know what had happened and what was coming. Tf does he have to do to anger you? Fuck your wife in front of you and then shit on your chest?

Or would you thank him for the corn?
Settle down Beavis.

Half the forum was calling him full of shit when he was reporting the fight was in serious doubt and the UFC was looking for replacements. They hate him so much they claimed he was making it up, even though he's as credible as they come in MMA.
We didn't need him to figure this out, maybe you did, TS, but it was so obvious when they canceled the press conference and locked the ppv from new buyers etc.

Holy shit I feel like my IQ is dropping just reading these posts from @Oscar Madison and @markg171

Are they really this fucking stupid? Hard to believe really.
@markg171 absolutely is this stupid. He has tons of incredibly stupid posts and he's always biased towards the UFC or one of his favorite fighters. In this case he's anti-Helwani because of his fallout with Dana 8 years ago over Brock at 200. If Helwani were still Dana's boy he'd be on the opposite side.

@markg171 absolutely is this stupid. He has tons of incredibly stupid posts and he's always biased towards the UFC or one of his favorite fighters. In this case he's anti-Helwani because of his fallout with Dana 8 years ago over Brock at 200. If Helwani were still Dana's boy he'd be on the opposite side.

How high do you reckon the chances are it's Dana White himself on the account?

Half the forum was calling him full of shit when he was reporting the fight was in serious doubt and the UFC was looking for replacements. They hate him so much they claimed he was making it up, even though he's as credible as they come in MMA.
He was also saying there is great positivity that fight was going forward. He was flip flopping like a fish out of water so STFU with this holier than thou shit.

To me it always seemed pretty obvious that Conor got injured, which was cause for the initial scare. Then he likely decided to fight through it but after a few days realized that wasn’t going to be possible.

I think Ariel just reported things as they unfolded.

Bald goof would never have passed on the opportunity to call Ariel a weasel and a liar during the speculation period

It's truly amazing how dumb you have to be to call me stupid while bringing up the Brock incident.

Ariel got in shit then because he was told Brock was returning but was asked not to report it because the UFC wanted it to be a big surprise and announce it themselves. He announced it anyways.

Meanwhile 8 years later here you are sucking Ariel's dick for not reporting Conor's injury that he knew about because Conor's team told him not to do so.

I'd call you a retard but that's being insulting to those folks.

It's truly amazing how dumb you have to be to call me stupid while bringing up the Brock incident.

Ariel got in shit then because he was told Brock was returning but was asked not to report it because the UFC wanted it to be a big surprise and announce it themselves. He announced it anyways.

Meanwhile 8 years later here you are sucking Ariel's dick for not reporting Conor's injury that he knew about because Conor's team told him not to do so.

I'd call you a retard but that's being insulting to those folks.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't?

Ariel is called garbage for breaking the Brock news, when he was asked not to...but now he's garbage for not reporting the Conor news, when asked not to?

So which is it? The Ariel critics can't have it both ways...do they want him breaking news with specifics, even when asked not to and when doing so can bite him in the ass...or do they want him to respect the wishes of his sources and those who the news impacts by limiting what he says?

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't?

Ariel is called garbage for breaking the Brock news, when he was asked not to...but now he's garbage for not reporting the Conor news, when asked not to?

So which is it? The Ariel critics can't have it both ways...do they want him breaking news with specifics, even when asked not to and when doing so can bite him in the ass...or do they want him to respect the wishes of his sources and those who the news impacts by limiting what he says?
Mate YOU guys are the ones trying to have it both ways.

Back