Help with injury

KarateJoe

White Belt
Reaction score
In bjj warmups the other days I felt a strong pain my right upper thigh/ass area. The closest thing I could find online was that I pulled a muscle that is attached to my hip. I can't raise my right knee past my hip and I can't go to guard without pain. Anyone else ever have this injury? Do you know anything more about it? My instructor said to ice it, but if I have the muscle correctly, sportsinjury.com says not to ice but to apply heat...I am at a loss and will have to miss class tonight which I am not happy about. How can I get this thing taken care of so i can go back to class asap?

TapSD said:
How about a doctor?

I can't afford to go to one. And I am hoping its not serious enough to require one. This is why I am looking for advice outside of my non-existent insurance plan.

Dude..you might have a muscle thats been torn away from the bone..happened to me and it sucked..I tried doing everything(was in my shoulder) and I finally had to break down.go to a doctor and have it surgically re-attached

TapSD said:
Dude..you might have a muscle thats been torn away from the bone..happened to me and it sucked..I tried doing everything(was in my shoulder) and I finally had to break down.go to a doctor and have it surgically re-attached

Surgically re-attached!? holy fuck. It happend Tuesday and feels better today (but not good enough to go to class) so would a minor improvement in pain be a good sign that it is just pulled and not torn?

KarateJoe said:
Surgically re-attached!? holy fuck. It happend Tuesday and feels better today (but not good enough to go to class) so would a minor improvement in pain be a good sign that it is just pulled and not torn?

Yea..your alright im sure..just give it some time it heal...missing class sux but your not gonna be able to perform at 100% anyway

Best thing you can do is to stay off it. Wait till it feels completely better.
Dont wait till it hurts less, go back, and reinjur your self.

I know it sucks, but just take the time and let it heal.. You will way happier in the end.

Read books and watch videos about bjj to keep your motivation up.

it will probably feel much better in a week or two.. and that much time off will allow alot of other little things that are probably bugging you to heal. Then youll come back to game with a better knowledge of what to avoid and how to roll safe without hurting your self.

Thanks for the replys guys. I think my main frustration is that bjj is very addictive and having to miss class because of something that happend during warmups is intensely frustrating. Thanks again.

Back