help on a routine

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Haven, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Haven

Haven White Belt

I don't really know where to begin in my journey for toning and losing weight. I see so many different routines and circuits but I don't really know what would be good for me. So, I have come to you guys for help and see if you could build me a routine? Again I am clueless and really don't know what direction to be pointed in.

My equipment -
    Swiss ball
    Exercise bike
    Dumbells. 20, 25, 30
    Kettleball/medicine ball 10lbs
    Irongym pull up bar for the door
    Ab slide
    Jump rope
    Milk crate for elevation

I feel all I'm missing really is a bench but i'll work with what I got. Anyway like I said I'm trying to tone down and drop some weight I'm eating lean meat primarily with veg. If you guys could cook up a good workout i'd be forever gratefull.

2. grrthetree

grrthetree Green Belt

what is toning?

3. Haven

Haven White Belt

? Giving definition to the body? Lowering my weight and adding shape to the musle. I'm not looking to add lots of mass.

4. Bennayboi

Bennayboi Yellow Belt

Format your strength routine something like so:

Push(Chest and triceps) Exercise
    Pull(back) Exericse
    Leg Exercise
    1 or 2 exercises in an area youd like to improve

Go heavy or do a lot of reps. Its going to be hard to challenge yourself with limited weights and equipment.

There is no such thing as toning. Only making a muscle bigger or smaller and increasing or reducing bodyfat percentage. "Toning" would fall under making the muscle bigger and reducing bodyfat. A method of speeding up fat loss is HIIT, which you can do on the bike. Basically HIIT for a beginner is going hard for 30 seconds and going slowly for 90. As your conditioning improves you will go harder for longer and reduce the rest periods. HIIT Workouts: 30 Second Training Intervals

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  5. DrBdan

DrBdan Something clever

Sorry for the harsh replies, I don't think people realized that you're a woman.

6. milano

milano I am the Walrus

Getting a gym membership would be your best option, you're very limited with the equipment you have.

7. Haven

Haven White Belt

Haha! I guess I deserve that. Like I said though I don't have much direction on this. Anything I have done consisted of what I've seen in a magazine or youtube. A lot of it comes down to the fact I have no real strength. Say I can curl a 45lb weight 8 times the second rep I can only do it like 3 times. Everything just gets lactic build way to fast and I want to change that.

8. just blaze

just blaze Yellow Belt

If you want to lose weight eat chicken and tuna everyday. Jog 2 miles a day and you will see fast results. The tough thing is eating the chicken and tuna everyday without getting sick of it.

P.s. no mayo on the tuna. no bread

9. Justice 4 All

Justice 4 All Brown Belt

Asking for advice on how to get "toned" around here, is like asking an atheist to help you find god...

10. Haven

Haven White Belt

ok, ok. How about how do i work on getting consistant strength? reducing my lactic acid build up while shedding body fat? any routines i should be pointed to?

11. DrBdan

DrBdan Something clever