Help me choose...RTX 2070 or PS4 Pro w/ RDR2

If your after playing rdr2 then id go xbox one x

As for the card id go 1080ti over 2070

But if i had to choose between the two .. Pc gaming over console everyday of the week

No need to buy an older gen card. You're right, the 1080ti is faster so the logical choice would be to get a 2080 or better yet 2080ti. That said, if ray tracing support doesn't take off then the x2000 series is like the x500 series imo. Basically a cash grab by Nvidia.

depends if you want to play the other ps4 exclusives

Neither, save your money. Never buy a system for one game and never get a gpu when it's brand new.

If you wanna play just RDR2 get an xbox One X. It does it in native 4k. Checkerboarding sucks.

Oho! We may have a twist that changes everything!!
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Looks More Likely After Strings and Settings Found in Companion App
WCCF Tech said:
ed Dead Redemption 2 PC may not be just a dream after all. GTAForums user BlackScout revealed to have found a series of game parameters, functions and strings in the game’s Companion App for mobile devices.

A few are particularly interesting, such as various setting presets (from Low to Ultra as well as a Custom preset for manual tweaking) and various advanced graphics settings similar to the ones PC gamers are very much accustomed to seeing. Furthermore, there’s the mention of NVIDIA’s TXAA technology which is already featured in Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar’s last PC release. Given that TXAA is a PC-only technology, there’s no chance it could be something related to the existing console versions of the game...

Of course, this still needs to be taken as a rumor. Any official confirmation of Red Dead Redemption 2 PC would have to come from Rockstar Games, so it’s best not to celebrate just yet.

For the time being, Red Dead Redemption 2 is only available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, though it is best experienced on the beefed-up PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X systems, particularly the latter. Regardless of that, it’s an outstanding game and a remarkable masterpiece.

That RTX 2070 will be fantastic for 4k though!

Just depends on what you plan on playing. I'd get an Xbox One X and Red Dead 2 if I was you.
2070 would look amazing on a 4k TV. As long as your don't go crazy with the advanced settings (most would argue advanced filtering settings aren't super important at 4K) then you'll be rocking very high base settings on pretty much every game.

I wouldn't get the PS4 if your only gonna do RD2. I would only get it if the other exclusive games interested you (games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, God of War, Spiderman)

Back