help from new yorkers

T

thaiking

I putting this thread on all the rooms for maximum results

Whats up I haven't posted here in a while, but I wanted to ask the forum, I just moved back to NYC (BROOKLYN) and am looking to get back into training does anyone 1 know any good gyms in brooklyn queens for MMA, Thai Boxing or BJJ. I Know there is a lot of gyms in Manhattan but I hate taking the trains for an hr. to get to the city.

Also does someone know any inexpensive gyms because I forgot how expensive the gyms in NYC can be lol. Seriously it is rediculous and everyone has the same excuse "rent, nyc is the most expensive place in the world" helll ATT facility in Coconut creek, Fl is a very expensive area in south florida and they still manage to charge 110 month for unlimted training. Go to San Fransisco and there 20-30% cheaper than NYC and SF is kown to be the most expensive cost of living in the US lolol it's crazy sometimes.

Does anyone train here in Vee jitsu because I saw a new gym not too far from me called Vee jitsu school in Broolyn and wanted to know there take on the system, I have heard of it over the years but never knew what the sy

Gene Dunn (Renzo Gracie BB) recently opened a new academy called Brooklyn Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, there are bjj and mt classes taught, Gene also teaches jiu jitsu in his karate school on ave U. instruction is top notch chech it out.

Shaldag said:
Gene Dunn (Renzo Gracie BB) recently opened a new academy called Brooklyn Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, there are bjj and mt classes taught, Gene also teaches jiu jitsu in his karate school on ave U. instruction is top notch chech it out.

Do you know how much gene charges for his classes and where is broolyn brazilian jujitsu and how much MT they teach

Message this dude "Weonlywonsixtwo", he trains at Gene Dunn's and has been to both schools. I've rolled with him and he's a cool kid. He'll be happy to tell you.

Edit: Oh and I think you get free Muay Thai or some shit. I'm a moron so go check up on that.

Shaldag said:
couldn't agree more. gene is deff top notch

infamous mattyd said:
couldn't agree more. gene is deff top notch

but what does he charge for classes , is it the same price like renzo's in the city

Bro, check out Gene, like Shaldog said, top notch instuctors, great shedual, great classes, great poeple.

If you are willing to come downtown you can train with us for free in the Hamilton Fish Center on Pitt STreet in Manhattan. Every Tuesday and Thursday between 7 and 9 PM. Absolutely free. No gi grappling. No teachers but friendly guys rolling around. Everyone is welcome to join. Feel free to send me a PM if you want.

Sub7

has anyone figured out where gene dunns school in brooklyn is yet, i really want to go there.

Yea it is on 76 st and 13 ave

I saw it today nice facility, but who is that thai boxing coach he has an irish accent i think, anyoneknow if he is any good

irish accent? could be jamie crowder. he's the real deal. you'll be in good hands.

yea he said hs name was jamie, what is his background in Muay thai, I trained a few years in the systm I dont want to train with someone at my level if you understand what I mean, I am not saying I am great thats why I am looking for someone to hopefully make me great.

Whoa Jamie trains at Gene's gym now? That guy is awesome, and anyone who's seen him teach will agree.

How long did he train and with who? I beleive what you said and thats good enough for me but I am just cuious now

thaiking said:
Yea it is on 76 st and 13 ave

I saw it today nice facility, but who is that thai boxing coach he has an irish accent i think, anyoneknow if he is any good

what train goes there?

Back