Help, dealing with a douche bag

If you are way better than him, just tap him multiple times. Dominate him and teach him a lesson. He'll get it eventually.

Talk to him about calming down a bit.. because those kind of guys can seriously hurt people by accident..

if he doesn't get it and keeps going.. just dominate the guy.. he will get the point.

Even though he was rolling like a wild animal, he thought he was being calm.

i like that term, "wild animal", i say we replace the word "spaz" with "wild animal"

when your rolling with someone you dont know, dont take them so lightly.

Seriously....I did that with a big guy the other day, and my ankle is paying the price. He charged me and his fat arse went right over my ankle (same leg, by the way, that is awaiting knee surgery). But yeah, I fault myself as much as him for 1) going to easy on him; and 2) being an idiot and rolling with such a heavy guy when I have a bad knee.

Sometimes, we all just need to remember that it only goes as far as we let it.

To be fair, sometimes the douche bags don't realize that they're being douche bags. I rolled with a guy tonight who's about 230 to my 150 and when he was in my guard, he was constantly trying to cross face with his forearm into my jaw; grunting, huffing, and puffing the time.

I kept cross collar choking him and after the roll was over, I told him politely that he needed to calm down. He looked at me like he really didn't understand and said, "but I am calm."

I asked, "Then why are you grunting and trying to smash me like a bull that just saw red?"

"Was I?"

"Yep. Did you notice that I never tensed up? I just stayed calm and choked you while you were going 110 miles an hour."

He honestly didn't realize that he was spazzing around. Even though he was rolling like a wild animal, he thought he was being calm.

For serious! Honestly, if your completely new to grappling/MA (like I was) the moves being done to you "feel" like strength because you (or at least I) don't understand enough about the technique to know better, and everything is so new the last thing I noticed was that my partner wasn't turning three shades of red (there you have it, I admit I was a spaz for my first 2-3 classes). So when I was getting swept, getting passed, or submitted it felt like I was wrestling a python because I didn't understand the technqies and principles, and instict is basically to tense harder.

Then someone basically had that conversation with me and the light went on.

I prefer to go rough when I roll. I'm fortunate enough to have a few like-minded training partners, so we can go hard and no one complains about getting roughed up. But, that kind of agression with someone who wants to practice without getting beat up is a big no-no.

Take the guy aside and talk to him. Let him know that if he wants to go rough, both parties need to agree on it before hand. If he agrees to tone it down and shows some respect, could be you'll have a fine new training partner in the making. If he ignores you, then it's obvious he's got some attitude. If that's the path he takes, beat up on him constantly until he caves, or quits. But talk to him first.

I prefer to go rough when I roll. I'm fortunate enough to have a few like-minded training partners, so we can go hard and no one complains about getting roughed up. But, that kind of agression with someone who wants to practice without getting beat up is a big no-no.

Take the guy aside and talk to him. Let him know that if he wants to go rough, both parties need to agree on it before hand. If he agrees to tone it down and shows some respect, could be you'll have a fine new training partner in the making. If he ignores you, then it's obvious he's got some attitude. If that's the path he takes, beat up on him constantly until he caves, or quits. But talk to him first.

There's nothing wrong with a good hard roll. The problem is when the person is using ZERO technique and just smashing smaller opponents with no regard.

i like that term, "wild animal", i say we replace the word "spaz" with "wild animal"

He's a good kid. I was trying to be nice since "spaz" carries such bad connotations in the grappling world. :icon_lol:

Back