Help A Noob~

D

Dave321

I got 3 NOOB questions.

1) most noobish by far. You guys HAVE to wear a cup right? Because my first time "rolling" I got nailed and had to stop. I'm probably answering my own question but just curious if some people dont.

2) In the anaconda choke (the ones were nog does it) why do you twist? Is it to end up on a certain postition? Can the choke ONLY work when you twist or is it optional?

3) How the hell in a closed guard. When the guys has pretty damn strong legs can you pass guard. I know this is ridiculous but i can barely stand up. When i do he just grabs one of my ankles. I just want some easy ways to attempt to pass guard.

THX FOR THE HELP
i know these are dumb questions so please dont insult thx

1) I bought my cups after first rolling session.
2) I don't know never use that submission
3)Stand up
I bet these didn't help you a bit :)

on #3 secure the arm on the side that you stand up on first.
and attck that leg at the knee to push it off of you

1) i don't wear cups...i'm a dumbass
2)i've only did it once and it sucked ass...
3) put both knees on the ground and posture up. lift one knee so you're in a kneeling position then pry the apponent's leg that's opposite from your knee that's up and twist your hips outwards....it doesn't work all the time though, if not just slam :)
-Jon

1) if you plan on wanting nonswollen balls or having children yes wear a cup otherwise no
2) you twist to get it to the ground, its called a gator roll in wrestling. the choke itself is an arm triangle when you finish it. the setup of it is off of a sprawl to finish and arm triangle you have to be on the ground. also when i do the nog choke i usually just give up on the choke and take either sidemount or mount.
3) in closed guard take 1 knee put in his tailbone, take the other knee put it to the outside of his legs. take your elbows push down on his inner part of legs and sit back, most guys will break open their guard especially if your elbows are really pointy

1) Definetly get a cup
3) I agree with killa but first you may have to push down on there midsection to be able to get your knee on there tailbone

Hater_Huntin said:
1) Definetly get a cup
3) I agree with killa but first you may have to push down on there midsection to be able to get your knee on there tailbone
ya sorry forgot about that. and as for standing up most guys if they love leg locks will hook a leg and if you keep standing will spin into a kneebar or reverse heel hook type of thing

Dave321 said:
I got 3 NOOB questions.

1) most noobish by far. You guys HAVE to wear a cup right? Because my first time "rolling" I got nailed and had to stop. I'm probably answering my own question but just curious if some people dont.

2) In the anaconda choke (the ones were nog does it) why do you twist? Is it to end up on a certain postition? Can the choke ONLY work when you twist or is it optional?

3) How the hell in a closed guard. When the guys has pretty damn strong legs can you pass guard. I know this is ridiculous but i can barely stand up. When i do he just grabs one of my ankles. I just want some easy ways to attempt to pass guard.

THX FOR THE HELP

I don't wear a cup unless I'm competing. Call it nut conditioning.

2. I've played with this and it seems like the roll is what sinks it in and then once your opponent is on his back in that pos he cant fight or posture out as easy.

3.I almost never stand up to pass the guard unless I'm striking to do it. I hate ankle locks and standing up seems to bring them on. I jam the knee in the tailbone and push like hell with my elbows into the inside of their thighs. May take a few tries and some time but if you pay attention and dont get subed in the meantime it works eventually without having to work real hard. Just be ready to explode with a pass when they open the guard cause they can close it again real fast and stuff.

#2 is a little advanced for a noob. Learn the basics (like guard passing and positioning), and then learn the subs.

anaconda choke you twist to crank the neck, it can snap the bulb and kill the guy do NOT pivot while doing this unless you have an instructor around. Itis hard to choke because you lack leverage but when it sinks it taps them like any other. Be wary of that twisting.
Million ways to pass guard, you dont have to open it you can make him open it with a can opener or elbows to the thighs.

passing the guard: Stand up and stack them, push teir belly into their face, if they grab your legs, grqab their gi and pull on it, this will counterbalance the tripping action.
Elbows in the thighs is also a good tactic.

Also, when in your opponent's guard, keep your head back behind your hands, otherwise you can get off-balanced and pulled forward into a sub. Keep your elbows tucked in and close to your body. Keep your hands off he mat. Back straight, and head looking forward. You don't need to look down at your opponent. You can feel everything goin on with practice. POSTURE IS EVERYTHING.

Dave321 said:
I got 3 NOOB questions.

THX FOR THE HELP

1) no, you don't have to...i don't wear one during technique but when i go to sparring I always wear one...though I should probably wear one during technique as we spar sometimes after class (or even hold in house tourneys...had a girl grab my package while I was passing her guard in a match, talk about pain)

2) Others have answered it and I won't repeat it.

3) TECHNIQUE > STRENGTH....bottom line.

THX alot for the advice. But lemme get this straight just outta curiousity. The anaconda choke "twist" is a neck crank that ends up in a choke? Im a huge fan of nog and real curious how this works. And someone plz explain how that can kill someon. ?break bulb? Thx ALOT for the advice.

i never wore a cup while rolling, and i took a lot of knees to the balls, especially when trying to pass.....good times....man i want to get back in the gym so bad

Dude, a cup is essential. Thats not even rookie stuff, you gotta know that before you even start training. One time I got kneed in the nuts so hard my cup actually cracked down the middle. I didnt realize it until the next week when I heard a creaking whenever I walked haha, so I just decided to go without it because I was afraid somehow the broken plastic would like pinch my nuts or something. That was the worst class I ever had. We went over the x guard, and for those of you who arent familiar with the position, your nuts get hammered. It was terrible. I will never go without a cup in a BJJ class again. I know alot of wrestlers don't wear cups, even in BJJ. One guy I talked to said he's so used to getting hit in the nuts from wrestling that they are like callused (spelling?) and it doesnt even bother him anymore. Not me haha, call me Old Cottonballs, I dont give a fuck.

throatyjogurt, i may be wrong but i think it should read: "Brasileiro"

1.) I don't wear a cup

2.) Never learned how to do it. It's quite difficult for a white belt like me.

3.) This doesn't really work too well but you don't have to stand up. Keep you posture and try to push at one leg.

Back