Help a fat ass get into shape!!!

Mako Victim

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just joined this new MMA school and everythings been going fine, everyone there's nice and seems really eager to help me out...But here's the problem, I'M REALLY OUTTA SHAPE, I gas out way before anyone else does... The classes are only two days a week tuesday and thursday. I went last thursday and and I'm still a little sore... Does anyone have tips or something, like any advice on how many calories I should eat a day, ect... Oh yeah, for the record I'm 5'11 and weigh about 270

thanks

There are tons of threads on this and the one posted above shouldn't fail ya.

Diet wise...high protein, low fat, no refined sugars (candy bars), don't drink soda, eat 6 meals a day not 3. If you research, you will find tons of stuff on any questions you have. Try to think of a bit more specific questions once you've done a little research and we can help from there.

Sorry to bring it to you, but you need to loos some weight. You're humping to much shit and that makes you gass. I'm not so good at american heights and wights, but I found a converter saying that you're 155cm and 122 kg. If that's right you'll need to drop at least 50 kgs. Ideally you'd wigh around 65 kgs/143 pounds.

Oh, and how much do you eat per day? That could help too see what's wrong, caue there's probably something fundamentally worng with your diet.

^^^ 5'11 is about 180cm but yeh 122kg is still heavy for that height. as for advice, eat less, eat healthier, cut out fried foods, sugars etc and do more cardio.

Odium said:
Oh, and how much do you eat per day? That could help too see what's wrong, caue there's probably something fundamentally worng with your diet.

Since I've my last class I pretty much stoped drinking pop, candy and all that stuff.. It's been hard to just cut all that stuff out in one day though, but I'm sticking with it..

As for how much I eat, hmmm... I've been trying to eat small meals every few hours, food that's low in sugar and salt and pretty high in protein, I probably eat around 1,500 to 2,000 calories a day....

Ok, if you just cut the candy and sodas that should make a difference pretty quick. And be sure that you don't to little either, so the body sets for starvation.

Another advice, prepare yourself that these things takes time. Dont rush it, clean up your diet and stick to it. the results will come...

Make sure to have a strong will first of all. Make sure to try and train harder than everybody else and the results will come. Build up your training gradualy and make sure to set physical goals for you to achieve. Good goals to begin with is light cardio and body weight excersices. Make sure to eat good clean food and sleep well and train like a savage and the results will sneak up on you over the months.

In the spring a few months ago i felt fat and in awful shape. As the months has gone by and training mma, boxing and complementary training hard I start to feel like a savage that just can keep going. Good feeling.

Just make sure you arent that lazy dude in the corner that never works hard for it and never improves.

Like they said, the best advice is to mentally prepare yourself and accept that you're in it for the long haul. Don't give up.

Take a full frontal photo and side photo (preferrably with underwear on :wink: ) now. And then take two new photos each month. Then after a year you'll really see the progress.

1,500 to 2000 calories is not enough for you te eat if you are training fairly hard. My suggestion to you is dont even count calories but eat clean and drink alot of water.
I am picturing you as a highschool student but I could be wrong (no insult intended) so it may be difficult for you to eat super well because you have to basically eat what your parents give you but you can clean it up a little.
Try to choose food that are good for you and nutritious. For breakfast choose oatmeal over anything else. snacks-no candy at all if you need sugar choose fruit.I like to eat jerky for my snack I make it myself so it isnt loaded with salt and MSG. for lunch make yourself a sandwhich out fo lean meat. Boil some veggies at home and put them in tupperware take them to eat, make a salad ect ect.
Snack same as snack above
Dinner eat lean meats, leafy greens and maybe some pasta.
You can supplement with protein shake if you feel need for it. you can also eat a proteinbar with low sugar carbs in it.
Take a good multi-vitamin every morning and drink 1.5-2 gallons of water per day.
As far as exercise goes-do pushups at home. I do mine while watching tv whenever a commercial come son I bang out pushups until it is over or i am tired. Same with situps alternate between the two. Buy a nice doorway chinup bar and do a couple chin ups everytime you go through door.
If you have time run in the morning even 20 minutes a day will make a difference and it will help with your gas tank.
This is really all that you need to do and you should see results. i am sure some people will have a complicated plan to lay out for you and i could do the same but it sounds liek all you want to do right now is lose the weight and i think that is a good idea lose the weight then worry about every thing else. if you need more in depth let me know I wont even charge you:)

Boomstick said:
As far as exercise goes-do pushups at home. I do mine while watching tv whenever a commercial come son I bang out pushups until it is over or i am tired. Same with situps alternate between the two. Buy a nice doorway chinup bar and do a couple chin ups everytime you go through door.

A lot of solid advice in there.

But for training in the braks and passing through the door, how is with doing it w/o proper warming up?

I do it all the time and have done it aince i was 14 with no problem I only do 2 or 3 on way in and 2-3 on way out not anything major just to remind me to do more later. During the course of the day sometime si do 50 total sometimes 2 lol. depends on if my kids are in the room or not. As far as dooing pushups during the breaks it doesnt have to be anything intense just bang a few out. I dont think pushups or situps are really soemthing you have to warm up to do but that iis just me.

one thing I forgot to mention is buy a Pilates, Yoga, or aerobocs video and do part of it every night before bed. it wil help with flexibility and stress relief and soreness. i have a Denise Austin Pilates video that is 3 15 min workouts and i have a yoga zone tape that is alot of the beginer yoga poses that is an hour i do a few yoga poses or a pilates set for 15 min. Nothing hard just a litle bit to loosen up. Another thing that will help you is buy a tae-bo or other type of aerobcs video and do it once or twice a week sure you may feel gay doing it but you will see weight come off quick and feel your gas tank come up quick.

As a matter of fact my gf just got a free Pilates dvd with some magazine the other day, but I haven't looked into it as of yet since I thought it was pure crap :wink:

Nah bro pilates is one of the most underrated things out there as far as helping a fighter. Doing pilates on a regualr basis will improve you ab strength and your core strength. i also notice it has helped with my upperbody flexibilty and if you dont know how to breath right pilates is a great way to learn. Give it a try and you will prolly be suprised

Wow, maybe this wont be as hard as I thought... I thank everyone here for helping out, it really means alot to me... I thought it would take years for me to get in shape, but I still plan on busting my ass for it though...

Thanks everyone.

Odium said:
Take a full frontal photo and side photo (preferrably with underwear on :wink: ) now. And then take two new photos each month. Then after a year you'll really see the progress.

That's good advice. It's definitely harder to see improvementover time, especially when you are looking through your own eyes at your body every day. It's the people that don't really see you that often the notice the changes. It happens to me a lot when I go back to my hometown to visit.

You'll most likely notice a huge change when looking at the first picture and then one 3, 6, 9 months later. Just dont' get frustrated.

Back