Hector Lombard's Gas Tank

I hope they are not going to try to headline 186 with this fight so I don't think Hector will have to worry about 5 rounds. He's got a solid 2.5 in him though.

I saw him going 5 full rounds at a good pace against Shlemenko, so his has enough gas tank to go 5 rounds.

The fight vs Rory is going to be 3 rounds tho.

We will see if Rory has learned how to cope with southpaws, he really struggled to get his jab going against Lawler.

He can go hard for 1.5 rounds, but pace himself and will spread it out over three.

Have to go with three rounds but at Middleweight he can go five rounds like he did against Schlemko, Hector has a history of blitzing which tires him out he will have to definitely pace him self.

2.5-3 seems about right, assuming he's not just coasting.

Two rounds before you notice a slight fall

2, max. Although Rogaine was slobbering all over his nuts in the Burkman fight he was still gassed with an opponent who didn

Have they said it will be the main event? I figured it would probably be co-main.

When has he ever gassed?

Did you see how he ended the fight with Okami? Not the first minut of the last round, but the rest of the round. He was completely gassed.
Same in the later rounds of his fight with an average MW in Shlemenko

Lombard has obviously cardio issues.

It completely depends on the pace and how the fight is going. If he's fighting at his pace and controlling the fight he can go five rounds slowing down only a bit in the last two. If he losses control of the pace and looks to really go after the guy he slows down a lot.

If he gets pressured and loses control of the pace I could see him gassing as soon as the second round.

Rory will tire him out by forcing him to constantly move forward and miss while eating jabs and body kicks. I don't think Lombard beats Rory with his striking unless he sets up a knockout punch very early. Lombard will need to take Rory down from the clinch I think. I don't think he can close the distance because Rory is faster, better conditioned, and has the footwork.

Rory will outlast and out strike Lombard all fight.

He cant even move around on his toes or expend any energy in any other way other than when engaging. He's very mindful of his gas tank, taking deep full breaths after every combination thrown from the very start, as he plods forward slowly, making sure his calves dont rob him of anything he may need later. It's quite painful viewing really.

It doesn't really matter he lacks the killer instinct. Shields and Burkman should have been finished but he didn't do it.

It doesn't really matter he lacks the killer instinct. Shields and Burkman should have been finished but he didn't do it.

Sure, Burkman and Shields have been in 77 MMA figts, in total have been KOed 2 times, (both Shields) , we must blame Lombard because he didnt finish both :rolleyes:

Sure, Burkman and Shields have been in 77 MMA figts, in total have been KOed 2 times, (both Shields) , we must blame Lombard because he didnt finish both :rolleyes:

He had Shields out but didn't finish. Burkman was merely standing and Lombard did nothing. If anything Lombard would be looking like Woodley against MacDonald.

why not? he should perform exceptionally if people are going to hold him out as being exceptional. especially since people consider his biggest asset to be his ko power.

Back