Hector Lombard's Gas Tank

He looked fine in round 3 against Burkman, even though he didn't keep the same pace as round 1. He'll be almost totally gassed after the 3rd.

I don't think he's more gassy than the average ww.

Most ww's would fade in a 5-rounder. Hendricks and Lawler just did it.

Erick Silva regularly fades in the 2nd round of fights.

I think some people just wrongly assume Hector is gassing all the time because of his body type, style, and out of confirmation bias. But he moves methodically from the beginning until he smells blood. I think he gets off on stalking opponents, and from a defensive standpoint, given his height, he has to be somewhat cautious. And yes, he can't be exploding too much if he doesn't want to gas, but that goes for just about anybody.

The only time I've seen Hector tangibly gassed from a considerable change in his movement was toward the end of the Shlemenko 5-rounder. But not so much so to prevent a win. His movement isn't really changing in the 3-round fights. He came on strong in the 3rd against Okami. He was stronger in the 3rd against Burkman. He should have won his other 3 of his 4 decisions in the UFC, and won 2. That does not a true gasser make.

Anyways, isn't Hendricks-Lawler going to main event the card?

Unfortunately, he does lol

Ah no. Im pretty sure I've never seen him like this

1570tnt.jpg

That Is 15 mins of my life I won't get back

Zero should be an option IMO. He has not lived up to the Rogan hype.

i dont care to watch the average ww.

Gas tank isn't the sole definer for a fighter. Average gas tank for a UFC ww, way above average striking, grappling, etc.; for an overall package that makes him a top 5 or 10 ww (we'll see where he stands after the next few fights). Having an average gas tank might well prevent him from being a champion, but do you only care to watch champions? If so your MMA viewing experience must be a depressing one.

I would say that it depends on how he fights.
In his last fight, he was not overly aggressive.
I wonder if it goes to the ground or turns out to be a hesitant striking match.

I think it is more how he tries to fight against the way Rory usually fights. Rory, like Jones, is really good at controlling distance and the pace of a fight. Making the opponent constantly adjusting and reloading (and getting jabbed in the process) takes away from their strategy. Plus they start to lose on points and need to take bigger risks.

Hector will have to close the distance but I expect it to be similar to how Jones vs Cormier played out. Rory is a good enough striker to cause damage from either inside or outside but prefers fighting t at range where he has total advantage over fireplug Hector. Hector can only fight inside where he can smash people with his fast short punches or do trips and throws. I'm not convinced that Hector can get inside on Rory and if he does and Rory uses his length for leverage as well as Jones does, Hector will gas in the 2nd or 3rd round and lose by the fourth at the latest.

If Hector can cut the distance and hit Rory Mac then he has a chance in rounds 1 or 2. That's about it.

Rory should try to wrestle with him. He isn't huge like Okami, but just as technical.

Hectors problem is that he is a little muscle man who tries to kill you in the first two rounds. If he can't pull it off and you have any kind of technique at all then he has a problem.

I think Rory drags him into the deep end of the pool and gets a decision out of it.

Gas tank isn't the sole definer for a fighter. Average gas tank for a UFC ww, way above average striking, grappling, etc.; for an overall package that makes him a top 5 or 10 ww (we'll see where he stands after the next few fights). Having an average gas tank might well prevent him from being a champion, but do you only care to watch champions? If so your MMA viewing experience must be a depressing one.

an average ufc ww is miles from and average ww like you said in your original statement. an average gas tank across all paid ww mma fighters would be abysmal and near impossible for a person of such condition to reach elite status or even remain at such poor conditioning while receiving elite level training.

i made no statements about champions anywhere in my post so thats a rather random conclusion to jump to, however not unexpected from a person who is willing to attempt to cloud their own statements in order to mount a pathetic attack on the fandom of another.

an average ufc ww is miles from and average ww like you said in your original statement. an average gas tank across all paid ww mma fighters would be abysmal and near impossible for a person of such condition to reach elite status or even remain at such poor conditioning while receiving elite level training.

i made no statements about champions anywhere in my post so thats a rather random conclusion to jump to, however not unexpected from a person who is willing to attempt to cloud their own statements in order to mount a pathetic attack on the fandom of another.

Not sure if serious.

If he goes nuts out he's gassing by the end of the first.

If he spreads it out, he can make it through 3 like with Shields.

If Rory corners him with that cobra jab he's got and works his size against the fence, Hector's going to be visibly tired in the second round.

Back