Hector Lombard vs Nate Marquardt - who wins and how?

Hector by (T)KO.

Lombard is easy to study since he largely chooses to neglect his best asset, judo.

So it comes down to Nate staying mobile and using kicks to avoid Hector's early burst, and then later on, if Nate chooses to be the first guy in the UFC to go after Hector, openings for punches will come.

Nate has power and good combos when he chooses to use them (when he's not tentatively throwing single shots and low kicks). I think he does in spots without risking getting countered and gets the decision.

Hector could gas here again since he's apparently cutting the weight wrongly.

Hec via dec

in a boring fight

Isn't this fight on the undercard? why would they do that

a couple of reasons i'm sure

1. sometimes the UFC likes to have a good fight on the prelims to get people amped to purchase the PPV.

2. (and most likely) Lombard gets PPV points on the main card. by putting him on the prelims he doesn't get them. that right there saves the UFC $600K+

I'm going with Nate by decision, although I think he's faded from his peak quite a bit. Nate will fight smart, and Lombard's lack of length will make it difficult for him to catch Marquardt. Essentially, if Lombard can't catch him and put him away (which he might), he loses to Nate's well-rounded skill-set and experience.

I got Tekken Nate via 3rd round TKO if Lombard doesn't catch him early.

Hector by KO.
After all the talk that he wouldn't make weight Lombard looked great at the weigh in, while Nate looked excited to make 171 and proceeded to start guzzling that coconut water.

If Hector doesn't catch him with one of those bombs I think Nate will put him away after he starts gaining momentum.

Hector looked tiny at the weigh ins
My guess nate tko's him

Strikeforce Champ V.S Bellator Champ. Like this fight! Lombard KO

Nate by decision after a great fight but you can never count out Lombard especially now that he's at welterweight, he's going to be explosive.

nate's chin and defense have been very questionable lately...

lombard via tko round 1

Im gonna take Nate by TKO......I think Lombard will gas

Nate by TKO

Lombard is overrated

Still find it hilarious people back Lombard, the guy has been thoroughly exposed.

He's gonna spend more time on his back than my ex-girlfriend.
He's gonna take more hits than a bong shared by the skrap pack, Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo.
He's gonna get cut faster than a hairdresser taking a little off the sides.

As much as i love Nate i think Hector takes this by Tko/Ko.

Back