Hector Lombard rips Matt Brown, Talks DHK Match-up, why he started using Judo again

Guy comes across extremely unintelligent.

Lombard can be the man at 170, but he needs to address cardio issues

Guy comes across extremely unintelligent.

Completely agree. I've listened to him a couple times on the MMARoasted podcast and it's pretty clear that he just isn't a very intelligent person. He actually claimed that it's ridiculous that Condit was ranked in the top 10 after losing to GSP and Hendricks.

Not only did he rip Brown but he also threw Silva in there.

Lol at his thought process for reasoning Kim to be 4x better of a fighter than Matt Brown.

listened to this one and the bjorn one, really like how you ask questions, ask the tough ones but also respect the interviewee, nice job man

Thanks man, really appreciate it. It's a fine line between having somebody on and making them feel good and comfortable, but at the same time get down to business and ask the things that people want to know. Personally we've always disliked those interviews where you learn absolutely nothing and think "why did I listen". We aim for the opposite of that.

On a side note, you wouldn't believe what we had to do to get Hector the phone behind the scenes

That doesn't even sound like Hector Lombard. The real Hector is harder to understand due to thick accent. This guy's got too much Aussie accent, not the Latino Hector accent.

Lombard has never been finished, but i really wanna see it. he's so arrogant.

That doesn't even sound like Hector Lombard. The real Hector is harder to understand due to thick accent. This guy's got too much Aussie accent, not the Latino Hector accent.

I was thinking the same thing this guy sounds nothing like Hector. Lombard has a Cuban accent the imposter in the interview has an Aussie accent.

I was thinking the same thing this guy sounds nothing like Hector. Lombard has a Cuban accent the imposter in the interview has an Aussie accent.

If you think Hector sounds like an aussie, then you have absolutely zero idea of how aussies sound. Not even a clue.

It's like confusing a chinese accent for a french accent

Last edited:
A lot of arrogance from a guy who lost to Tim Boetsch not too long ago.

Matt Brown last 7 wins puts Hector's pre-UFC record to shame and look at all the hype he had leading in to his fight against Boetsch...

And its not Brown's fault he's not getting any top 10 guys, he's been begging for a shot his last 3 fights. He would have been fighting Condit if not for the injury.

He has some Aussie tinges to things he says, but pretty obviously not an Aussie accent.

Correct. When he says "Mate" it sounds kind of Aussie...obviously in Australia he wouldn't be confused for an Aussie.

It's because his wife since about 2001 is birtish but living in Australia and he's lived here ever since. Don't quote me on this, but I believe he lives here in Sydney and goes to florida to train at ATT. He may have moved since, but Either way he's spent a shitload of time in Australia.

Best concert he's ever been to
"Shakira"

shakira-hi.gif

I agree he's spot on, but don't think he comes across too arrogant , it's a frustrating position for him.

His resume is obviously far above Matt Brown's, but can't believe no one is pushing for him to get the shot. He's also a lot more qualified than the Rory/Woodley winner. Only other guy I think you can make an argument for right now is Lawler.

yea I wonder if there is tension in the gym with lawler, Woodley and Lombard
he is pretty spot on with his opinion of brown tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back