Hector Lombard on Palhares: "His ground game is overrated"

I can't believe he only went for one TD.

Damn, Lombard has some emotional issue. You got at big win, stop hitting a guy when he's down. I saw him pushing a ref around one time too. This is guy's got problems.

Source: Hector Lombard on Palhares: "His ground game is overrated"

Seems like Lombard is pissed off Palhares is using his broken foot as an excuse as to why he loss to Lombard.

I'm going to have to agree with Lombard on this one, it wouldn't have matter if Palhares broke his foot or not, the result would have been the same. What u guys think?

A healthy Palhares beats Lombard?

More to the point, Palhares broke his foot fighting Lombard, probably when Lombard blocked a kick the way you're supposed to. Which means, its to Lombard's credit that Palhares broke his foot.

Well Lombard is probly one of the most overated fighters in the UFC now....overated or overhyped, one or the other.

Damn, Lombard has some emotional issue. You got at big win, stop hitting a guy when he's down. I saw him pushing a ref around one time too. This is guy's got problems.

The one time i saw him push a ref was against Te Huna were the ref stopped the fight, and then said he didn't. Totally understandable that he was pissed off at that ref.

More to the point, Palhares broke his foot fighting Lombard, probably when Lombard blocked a kick the way you're supposed to. Which means, its to Lombard's credit that Palhares broke his foot.

Yeah....he intended to break his foot

Almost as sad as saying you had a broken sternum as an excuse.

That was Lombard's fight, pretty much a perfect match up for him. Palhares is aggressive but lacks any real technique or heart standing. All he had to do was hit him hard really.

I'll take his word, Lombard knows all about overrated.

Its a little retarded, he has victories over great grapplers in thier arena. Just because people have scoped out his game in MMA doesn't mean his grappling stinks. How esle do you explain him subbing people with a move they KNOW is coming?

Source: Hector Lombard on Palhares: "His ground game is overrated"

Seems like Lombard is pissed off Palhares is using his broken foot as an excuse as to why he loss to Lombard.

I'm going to have to agree with Lombard on this one, it wouldn't have matter if Palhares broke his foot or not, the result would have been the same. What u guys think?

A healthy Palhares beats Lombard?

Palhares on loss to Lombard: "I broke my foot."

On loss to Belcher: "I was sick."

Marquardt: "He greased."

Palhares' ground game is scary, it's his game as a whole that's overrated.

It's becoming harder and harder for these one-dimensional guys to stay in the top 10s of each weight class.

hector lombard is overrated himself, so he should know. i really feel like he is not going to do anything special in the division and i doubt he'll even get a title shot

Lombard can't simply rely on heavy hands. We've seen this act before.

If he chooses to strike against a good striker, then he will likely be picked apart due to his lack of striking discipline.

Also, his ground game is not so hot either.

Breaking a foot seems a legit excuse for me. Not as if Lombard were deliberately trying to break his foot.

If he would lose or not were he 100%, it can be only speculated.

Palhares' ground game is simultaneously overrated and underrated, in my opinion.

So he's half-right.

Back