Hector Lombard on Palhares: "His ground game is overrated"

While he might be right I find it funny that when he was in Palhares guard he just sat there and didn't do anything and wanted to be stood up.

Palhares is a monster on the ground. His problem isn't his grappling, his problem is he's not very smart...

Palhares WAS healthy. Lombard checked his kick and it broke, it's part of the game. I think blaming injuries that happen during a fight are poor excuses.

Yeah well if he broke his foot and it was seriously the reason he lost the fight, why the hell did he step into the ring?? It was a bad matchup, he can't strike and he sure as hell wasn't going to get the takedown. Plus we have seen him caving to pressure in other recent fights

You should really read up on the story before commenting on it and looking foolish. He broke his foot during the fight.

I can't believe he only went for one TD.

I'm sure his confidence and ability were reduced the first or second time Lumbard rocked him without taking any damage.

While he might be right I find it funny that when he was in Palhares guard he just sat there and didn't do anything and wanted to be stood up.

They seemed to cling to each other pretty strongly, RP to avoid GNP and Lumbard to avoid openings.

If Palhares broke his foor it's not an excuse to lose, especially if he broke it during the fight(sorry i haven't read the specifics)
Yeah....he intended to break his foot
It doesn't matter if he intended to, that's almost as bad as the "he's the better fighter until he gasses" argument.

Damn, Lombard has some emotional issue. You got at big win, stop hitting a guy when he's down. I saw him pushing a ref around one time too. This is guy's got problems.

Agreed Hector is a beast of a competitor but its over whats done is done.

Palhares WAS healthy. Lombard checked his kick and it broke, it's part of the game. I think blaming injuries that happen during a fight are poor excuses.

yep, I think it's lame too

lol, he didn't even roll with Toquinho.

This is a scummy move by Lombard. You beat the man, stop hitting him while he's down.

Lombard just comes off as a jerk

hector lombard is overrated himself, so he should know. i really feel like he is not going to do anything special in the division and i doubt he'll even get a title shot

You are a serious hater. Lombard is a very good fighter. I doubt he has anything for anderson silva but he's not a bum.

This is a scummy move by Lombard. You beat the man, stop hitting him while he's down.

Lombard just comes off as a jerk

scummy? You wouldn't be pissed off if some ass hat just insulted you and took away from your win with an excuse? he only beat me bc.... blah blah.

Source: Hector Lombard on Palhares: "His ground game is overrated"

Seems like Lombard is pissed off Palhares is using his broken foot as an excuse as to why he loss to Lombard.

I'm going to have to agree with Lombard on this one, it wouldn't have matter if Palhares broke his foot or not, the result would have been the same. What u guys think?

A healthy Palhares beats Lombard?

couldnt agree more about how lombard deserves credit for the broken foot - checking leg kicks hurts like fck - and if you time it right, yea the other guy can really get fcked

the part about overrated groundg ame is unnecessary

scummy? You wouldn't be pissed off if some ass hat just insulted you and took away from your win with an excuse? he only beat me bc.... blah blah.

You didn't hear Boetsch badmouthing Lombard after he tried to pull that shit.

Well Lombard is probly one of the most overated fighters in the UFC now....overated or overhyped, one or the other.

How can Lombard be overrated . Shertards keep jumping on the bandwagon with whatever they read.

Lombard got shit decision against Boetsch if he really went for it and was not cautious he could have finished Tim.

If Hector is overrated then what does that say about the rest of the division
Bisping has been KO'd against Hendo Bisping got beaten by Sonnen and Bisping got a decision over Stan so lets not talk about Overrated. Vitor got KO'd against Silva beaten by Jones lets just wait until Hector fights couple more guys ..

The facts are Hector is a machine he is very well round he finishes nearly everyone he fights . He just wrecked Palhares and as he gets more and more momentum in the UFC he will be very dangerous and will finish most guys he fights. Hectors ground game is World Class his Judo is exceptional Olympic medallist . He has the credentials .

I don't think a guy like Hector is overrated look at his record , ok maybe he fought lesser competition in Bellator but he did knock most of those guys out.
Watch his fight against Ebersole he absolutely destroyed Ebersole it was brutal and gut wrenching . Who has done this to Ebersole in UFC .. Im just saying.

Whether you like him or not he does not trash talk people for no reason like Bisping Sonnen . He just reacts to comments made towards him.

Hector has proven himself in UFC so lets look forward to some great matches to come.

You didn't hear Boetsch badmouthing Lombard after he tried to pull that shit.

Exactly, and this is the problem. Lombard is a bully. When he makes excuses, its justified. When other people make excuses, they are out of line. Lombard is a great fighter, and I think he can make his way to a title shot. But he and Bisping are the only 2 guys at MW that Anderson would actually gain fans by clowning and showboating against. That would be entertaining, at least.

How can Lombard be overrated . Shertards keep jumping on the bandwagon with whatever they read.

Lombard got shit decision against Boetsch if he really went for it and was not cautious he could have finished Tim.

If Hector is overrated then what does that say about the rest of the division
Bisping has been KO'd against Hendo Bisping got beaten by Sonnen and Bisping got a decision over Stan so lets not talk about Overrated. Vitor got KO'd against Silva beaten by Jones lets just wait until Hector fights couple more guys ..

The facts are Hector is a machine he is very well round he finishes nearly everyone he fights . He just wrecked Palhares and as he gets more and more momentum in the UFC he will be very dangerous and will finish most guys he fights. Hectors ground game is World Class his Judo is exceptional Olympic medallist . He has the credentials .

I don't think a guy like Hector is overrated look at his record , ok maybe he fought lesser competition in Bellator but he did knock most of those guys out.
Watch his fight against Ebersole he absolutely destroyed Ebersole it was brutal and gut wrenching . Who has done this to Ebersole in UFC .. Im just saying.

Whether you like him or not he does not trash talk people for no reason like Bisping Sonnen . He just reacts to comments made towards him.

Hector has proven himself in UFC so lets look forward to some great matches to come.

Good post. I have to think a lot of people here have only seen his UFC fights.

Back