Hector Lombard is a beast!

dragonskin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He is definetly getting better and what do you guys think his future in the ufc is? :cool:

2.gif

Lombard will be the mw champ- Lombard is overrated - Lombard had ufc jitters - no, Lombard is overrated- Lombard will be ww champ....

Winner of MacDonald vs Lawlor

they should make Rory "injured" and "forced to pull out of the fight" so they can matchup Robbie Lawler with Hector Lombard, what a great fight that would be, 2 fast powerful explosive dudes going at it.

Seems to me, Lombard is a guy who is a little gunshy but he hits so hard that he can create openings and he's good at capitalizing on them. He will still lose most of his fights that go to decision IMO.

Of course he is getting better, but I think the major difference between then and now is his cardio. he's been knocking out people for a long time, and he has insane power.
And now at WW he's less likely to be taken down and stuffing takedowns won't be as taxing as it would be at mw.

IMO he won against Boetch in his debut, and in the Okami fight he gassed against a wrestler who's much bigger than him.
I can't really see anyone stopping him at WW, with his huge power and raw physical strength he's going to to be a force to be reckoned with, and in a few fights become a top contender for sure.

Of course he is getting better, but I think the major difference between then and now is his cardio. he's been knocking out people for a long time, and he has insane power.
And now at WW he's less likely to be taken down and stuffing takedowns won't be as taxing as it would be at mw.

IMO he won against Boetch in his debut, and in the Okami fight he gassed against a wrestler who's much bigger than him.
I can't really see anyone stopping him at WW, his huge power and raw physical strength he's going to to be a force to be reckoned with, and in a few fights become a top contender for sure

The WW division is FULL of huge wrestlers. Unless he gets extremely preferential matchmaking, he's gonna be in a similar situation. His striking style is also very opportunistic and conservative which will not win him many decisions if he doesn't land a big shot.

Ellenburger wouldn't be a bad idea either, or even matt brown vs condit winner. lots of exciting fights for lombard

The WW division is FULL of huge wrestlers. Unless he gets extremely preferential matchmaking, he's gonna be in a similar situation. His striking style is also very opportunistic and conservative which will not win him many decisions if he doesn't land a big shot.

Only time will tell. But don't forget that Lombard has a black belt in Judo, and his takedown defense and base is really good.
As revealed in the marquardt fight the big shots he was landing waren't that clean, he doesn't need to land clean shots to put someone in trouble because of his immense power. And he doesn't need that much space to deliver such huge power either, so he's very likely to hurt someone breaking away from a clinch.

But there's no knowing what will happen next, who his opponents will be and whether they'll be favourable or not. I see him go far, maybe not win the belt, but at least fight for it.

Yushin is a MW

That's my point. It's one thing being taken down and and get grinded on by a 6 ft 2 MW wrestler Yushin Okami. Lombard Gassed and got taken down by him. I haven't really watched the fight more than once, but it's going to be difficult for a WW to bully Lombard around like Okami did, because Okami is HUGE.
And it gasses you out faster being grinded on by a 6ft 2 Okami than say for example Koscheck. Or whatever other 'huge wrestler' there are in the WW division.

It's amazing that he was fighting at 185 when he's still tiny for the 170 division.

It's amazing that he was fighting at 185 when he's still tiny for the 170 division.

Tiny in height perhaps. But let's not get started on the current title challenger, he should go to fw by sherdog logic.
Marquardt is a former MW fighter as well though.
The size of Lombards Shoulders are insane, the deltoids, if I'm not mistaken

He`ll gas after the first round as he carries way too much muscle for his frame.

Back