Heavyweights: Repeat or Revenge

lol I see your point. Whenever I saw Joshua training montages it was always 25% boxing and 75% cutting edge sports science training i.e. him on the battle ropes, flipping tractor tyres and pushing weighted sledges, agility drills, throwing med balls. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to more pure boxing. His conditioning program I have always questioned because it always looked focused on his power rather than his endurance which is really his big bugbear. I'm glad he's looking more slimline now. I bet he still hits crazy hard despite the weight loss.

i have no doubt he will hit just as hard, but his loss of weight and him trying to try and essentially "learn" how to box, will confuse him as soon as he gets touched.

i dont see anything good coming from this fight, i think the pair of them will be spanked by Wilder or Fury

i have no doubt he will hit just as hard, but his loss of weight and him trying to try and essentially "learn" how to box, will confuse him as soon as he gets touched.

i dont see anything good coming from this fight, i think the pair of them will be spanked by Wilder or Fury
I was sceptical that Joshua could 'fix' what was wrong with him defensively before, as I don't think you can re-invent a fighter in just 6 months. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I was sceptical that Joshua could 'fix' what was wrong with him defensively before, as I don't think you can re-invent a fighter in just 6 months. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

you think he has been carefully matched?

i thought Povetkin would give him some problems, and he did catch him, but he hasnt really fought a lot of slick boxers(there isnt actually anyone other than Usyk around)

you think he has been carefully matched?

i thought Povetkin would give him some problems, and he did catch him, but he hasnt really fought a lot of slick boxers(there isnt actually anyone other than Usyk around)
No I think he's been matched fairly well but toughly. He's been in trouble with Povetkin, Whyte and Wlad. The writing has been on the wall for some time, he just came through those on the winning side. But that's the reason he's achieved 3 belts compared to Wilder's 1 and in half the time. You take risks, you reap the rewards. I think Ruiz was a bit of a banana skin because Miller had no power to hurt Joshua. Hearn and co took a risk with Ruiz and it blew up in their face.

Back