Heavyweight division's moves

Until Jones is relevant again, he's simply not relevant. We can stop making "what if" threads about him now.o_O
Exactly this. Jones is a non-factor in the HW division, at least until he’s not scared to fight Francis.

Exactly this. Jones is a non-factor in the HW division, at least until he’s not scared to fight Francis.

He's the one putting 50lbs on because he's saying he's gonna fight at Heavyweight so...

He's the one putting 50lbs on because he's saying he's gonna fight at Heavyweight so...
Saying that and actually doing so are two different things. Bones is ducking.

its kind of difficult to tell, but i think the best card with more ppvs numbers would be a undefeated jones against a champion francis. so, if i were dana, i would pay whatever to have it now.

and heavyweight is really hard to predict. Lewis deserves the fight, he has the best record at the moment, and he can beat francis.
miocic is also so good that he can defeat jones. so, the biggest fight possible could be over. or even worse, jones and francis can put boring perfomances and the fight doesnt have the attention needed.

Honestly though is Jones even that big a draw anymore? his biggest fights were against Cormier but at that stage most people had him as the P4P #1 and there was a big fued between them. More recently Jones has been scraping decisions at LHW and I think the main draw these days would just be people wanting to see Francis take his head off.

Personally my feeling is Jones moved to HW for a shot at Stipe when he looked worse against DC the 3rd time, I don't think he'll fight Francis for a realistic amount of money.

John is coming off a 2 fight losing streak against derailed hype trains. John might not even be a top 10 HW for all we know.

Crazy, interum title fight coming soon...
Aparently Ngannou only wanna fight Jones, WTF!

So Gane beat Volkov and now he's gonna fight Lewis for the title!

So looking at it

ngannou.png

#2 is gonna fight the Champ
#3 is gonna fight #5
#4 is gonna fight #6
#1 just lost the belt

I think Jones gotta get in the mix and right now it makes a lot of sense to make that fight Miocic vs Jones as a title eliminator while Leiws challenges Ngannou, the winner gets next title shot, if Jones doesn't wanna fight no big deal, then the winner of Gane vs Volkov is next in line.

What do you guys think? What should be the next moves at the HW divison?

Back