Heavyweight Division personalities are dull

Colossal Squid**

Green Belt
Reaction score
EXCEPTIONS

Frank Mir is cool, he is articulate and entertaining.

Josh Barnett is awesome although he hasn't had any fights in the UFC yet. Roy Nelson is also cool. Generally though they are dull, dull, dull.

Velasquez must be the least charismatic champion ever. JDS is also boring as f*ck. Lately I know he's started trying to shed his 'nice guy' image and talk some sh*t and to be fair that was an improvement but really, he's still about as charismatic as a punchbag. Trying to hype the Velasquez/JDS rematch, I was excited about it for the fight's sake, but I wasn't really getting hyped about the plot.

Here's the top 10:

Cain Velasquez - DULL
Junio Dos Santos - DULL
Alistair Overrem - mediocre
Fabricio Werdum - mediocre
Daniel Cormier - interesting!
Frank Mir - cool
Antonio Nogeuiera - dull, maybe more interesting to Brazilians
Bigfoot Silva - likeable, but not interesting
Josh Barnett - entertaining
Mike Russow - boring

I hate Ronda Rousey and she is overpromoted, however at least the UFC is making a good effort to make her interesting and get people involved. I'm not talking about turning the UFC into the WWF but I just wish the HW division could get a bit more interesting and involving with the fighter's personalities and feuds and stuff.

It's almost as if charisma and wit have nothing to do with fighting MMA

EXCEPTIONS

Frank Mir is cool, he is articulate and entertaining.

Josh Barnett is awesome although he hasn't had any fights in the UFC yet. Roy Nelson is also cool. Generally though they are dull, dull, dull.

Velasquez must be the least charismatic champion ever. JDS is also boring as f*ck. Lately I know he's started trying to shed his 'nice guy' image and talk some sh*t and to be fair that was an improvement but really, he's still about as charismatic as a punchbag. Trying to hype the Velasquez/JDS rematch, I was excited about it for the fight's sake, but I wasn't really getting hyped about the plot.

Here's the top 10:

Cain Velasquez - DULL
Junio Dos Santos - DULL
Alistair Overrem - mediocre
Fabricio Werdum - mediocre
Daniel Cormier - interesting!
Frank Mir - cool
Antonio Nogeuiera - dull, maybe more interesting to Brazilians
Bigfoot Silva - likeable, but not interesting
Josh Barnett - entertaining
Mike Russow - boring

I hate Ronda Rousey and she is overpromoted, however at least the UFC is making a good effort to make her interesting and get people involved. I'm not talking about turning the UFC into the WWF but I just wish the HW division could get a bit more interesting and involving with the fighter's personalities and feuds and stuff.

^ speaking of dull :rolleyes:

I think Rorry Mac and Carlos Condit are two of the most boring personalities out there. At least they are exciting to watch. I never want to hear another interview from them again.

Cormier, "interesting!"? Do you have a crush on him or something?

Werdum mediocre? Werdum's the most entertaining guy in the history of mankind. He's the type of person who'd go to Bangkok, bang a tranny and then laugh about it with his buddies. In short, Werdum's awesome!

Dana said GSP is the "p4p" biggest PPV draw and his personality is pretty bland.

LOL at this list.

2240296-FabricioWerdum_weirdface_display_image.jpg

Calling Werdum mediocre is such a dull thing to say.

TS, J'accuse you of being dull

Werdum mediocre? Werdum's the most entertaining guy in the history of mankind. He's the type of person who'd go to Bangkok, bang a tranny and then laugh about it with his buddies. In short, Werdum's awesome!

You mean Oeshon? :icon_chee

Josh Barnett is awesome although he hasn't had any fights in the UFC yet.

Please do more research before starting threads

Opinionated thread about personalities is opinionated.

Agree 100% I hate to say it but I kinda miss lesnar. I've been loosing interest in the UFC latly I find all the new fighters dull

Not sure what you see in Cormier but good luck to the both of you, it's a wonderful thing really

ts = hey guise i watch the ufcs for the personalities there more then just a piece of meat

Back