Hearthstone thread?

King Togwaggle is fucking bullshit. His hero power is so god damn powerful he just wrecks me every damn time, even when I have the permanent stealth power. Every single dungeon run I have had with him at the end has ended in failure. He always gets the perfect treasures and counters. Frustrating as fuck. The dungeon runs overall are pretty fun though. Its definitely the PvE experience HS was missing. The last boss seems to be a roll of the dice with how lucky you get but I can't complain for being free. If you could complete quests in the dungeon runs it would be perfect. I am not about to spend tons of money just to have a meta ladder deck.

thought i'd bump this back up with the new expansion.

got really lucky with pack openings. opened 100 packs and got 8 legendaries:

houndmaster shaw (i was planning on crafting him if i didn't open him)
the glass knight (golden)
hagatha the witch
shudderwock (also planning on crafting)
glinda crowskin
dollmaster dorian
genn greymane (also planning on crafting)
countess ashmore

got the other paladin legendary prince liam as my freebie.

looking forward to some goofy new decks for the next week or so.

oh my god i opened like 100 packs of bullshit, trying to make the cube lock work is just bs

Baku hunter seems to be the only deck that wins for me. Cubelock is even more op since other classes have lost a lot of removal like dragonfire potion.

completely disinterested in this new expansion. shudderwock is idiotic.

They really need to slow down with the expansions. I don't intend to spend money to be remotely competitive, though I know that's Blizzard's intent.

Shudderwok is a complete shit show lol. I did zero research into this expansion and he was the first Legendary I got.

Good lord I just finished a game that was, literally, 10 minutes of watching the battlecries go off.

I think they are manipulating the draw rate of shudder and world shaker. I’ve played several games and I have yet to draw both of them with the top 25 draws in a match. Because of that the deck is not OP, but it’s so
Utterly lame when you do get it.

thought i would bump this thread back up with the new boomsday expansion.

opened 76 or so packs, and got the legendary spells kangor's endless army, and zerek's cloning gallery, and legendary minions boommaster flark, myra rotspring, dr. boom mad genius, subject 9, and golden flobbidinous floop. got golden dr. morrigan as free legendary, and crafted ziliax and mecha'thun (was always going to craft the new c'thun immediately if i didn't get him in packs).

haven't been playing that much hearthstone lately, just enough wins to get the cardback for the month basically, but it's been fun coming back. the mecha'thun decks i've tried (druid and warlock) have been a lot of fun.

got my third golden hero with hunter yesterday as well, playing a bunch of secret hunter.

Hearthstone Screenshot 08-11-18 13.16.18resize.png

Still only play arena. Had a great priest deck the other day getting 10 wins. Was crushing it with Nightscale matriarch + squashling.

I tapped out during the last expansion. It’s just ridiculous to have to keep shelling out cash every 3 months to get a good deck. That and I suck at it.

I tapped out during the last expansion. It’s just ridiculous to have to keep shelling out cash every 3 months to get a good deck. That and I suck at it.
I'm not shelling out any more cash. The game has gone form something I used to really enjoy to something I now only play to waste time due to the constant new expansions and having to learn all new mechanics. By the time you can build a decent deck or two, everything changes again.

I don’t play anymore. Realized that even if I was winning, it just wasn’t fun. Some tavern brawls are fun, and the solo adventures were okay. But ranked play? God no. Plus I had to free up space on my ipad. As someone said, it’s a huge app.

If you guys want a card game that isn't absurdly dumbed down and biased toward aggro permanently, go play Eternal. Much more generous model as well.

If you guys want a card game that isn't absurdly dumbed down and biased toward aggro permanently, go play Eternal. Much more generous model as well.
gave eternal a bit of a try over the weekend. played through the tutorial, a gauntlet against the AI, and did my ranked placement matches.

seems a lot like a simplified version of magic, and i've been enjoying mtg: arena more than the bit of eternal i tried. i'm going to play it a bit more though and see how it goes.

i think gwent still has all other card games beat, but the uncertainty regarding its future makes it hard to put a lot into it now.

gave eternal a bit of a try over the weekend. played through the tutorial, a gauntlet against the AI, and did my ranked placement matches.

seems a lot like a simplified version of magic, and i've been enjoying mtg: arena more than the bit of eternal i tried. i'm going to play it a bit more though and see how it goes.

i think gwent still has all other card games beat, but the uncertainty regarding its future makes it hard to put a lot into it now.
Yep just simplified MTG. What really sets it apart for me is there is no limit to how much you can grind for gold against the computer. You can very easily open hundreds of free packs without paying anything. I have a pretty extensive collection, but I only bought boosters once quite a while ago, and purely because I felt like it.

I like playing against the computer, and there isn't a timer so you can step away and do whatever and then come back to your game. They recently put out a new set and I've opened at least a hundred packs since it came out and made 3 new decks, without spending a dime.

Plus unlike hearthstone the mechanics aren't heavily tilted toward one playstyle. One aggro cancer meta after another got so old. I mean zoolock to face hunter to aggro shaman to pirate warrior? Get the fuck outta here.

Holy shit this game is pretty stupid now just picked it up for the first time in a few years and the cards are so batshit.

Yep just simplified MTG. What really sets it apart for me is there is no limit to how much you can grind for gold against the computer. You can very easily open hundreds of free packs without paying anything. I have a pretty extensive collection, but I only bought boosters once quite a while ago, and purely because I felt like it.

I like playing against the computer, and there isn't a timer so you can step away and do whatever and then come back to your game. They recently put out a new set and I've opened at least a hundred packs since it came out and made 3 new decks, without spending a dime.

Plus unlike hearthstone the mechanics aren't heavily tilted toward one playstyle. One aggro cancer meta after another got so old. I mean zoolock to face hunter to aggro shaman to pirate warrior? Get the fuck outta here.

Started playing Eternal in September. Thank god for this game. Not giving Blizz or WotC another dime.

Started playing Eternal in September. Thank god for this game. Not giving Blizz or WotC another dime.

Yeah.. I can't believe what they've done to it.

It's so pay to win now it's insane.

There are so many must have legendary cards now they are so incredibly powerful compared to the other stuff.. you can't get them without paying lots of money for boosters/arena tickets.

I tried one casual match and decided not to play anymore.

Back