Heartbreak.

They say it's better to have loved than never loved at all.

I'm not sure that's true. The pain afterwards is definitely much stronger than the joyous love.

I think the first is always the worst. She was in my dreams every other night. I contemplated blowing my brains out.

Then I got over it and banged other women.

My heart has only been broken once. As much as it sucked I believe it truly made me a better person.

i think it is true. for me at least, i tend to remember the good times i had with the chicks i was with, whether i broke it off or not.

but sorry threadstarter, no pain is worse than losing a family member. that shit is the worst.

Sadness at the end of the day still contributes to your growth as a person. The feeling of anxiety and nothingness, that's where the true hell lies.

this is why a lot of parents like having pets while they have kids. it gives kids a sense of loss and how to overcome it with pets, so they can be prepared when actual humans die.

I dislocated my elbow once; I assure you that hurts worse than heartbreak.

It gets easier. A lot easier.

I experienced something simular as a teenager and young adult, but you soon realise that meeting people and parting from them is part of life. You can have great relationships, without committing your entire happiness and state of being to being with them. Just enjoy the time, appreciate it, but don't depend on them for your own happiness.

When you've tried it a few times you learn to balance things out. No need to put someone else on a pedestal, that's unhealthy.

Are you learning to balance things out or are you avoiding letting anybody get as close to you as that first love? Maybe you don't allow yourself to care as deeply in subsequent relationships so the loss isn't as great?.

The effect of moving often in childhood has been studied.
The researchers found that the more times people moved as children, the more likely they were to report lower life satisfaction and psychological well-being at the time they were surveyed, even when controlling for age, gender and education level. The research also showed that those who moved frequently as children had fewer quality social relationships as adults.
http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2010/06/moving-well-being.aspx

Is it a phenomenon similar to the second marriage being more likely to end in divorce?
Second Marriages Are More Likely To End In Divorce. Here's Why ...

I think a lot has to do with the idea that men are not to allowed to have feelings. Being vulnerable is frowned upon by the alphas of the Mayberry and society in general. If we were taught that this is normal, we would develop strategies to manage the heartbreak.
I’ve been there. Like many wounds, they heal. No regrets.

Tito knows:

nit-bhopal-quiz-finals-by-oht-60-728.jpg

Hey Jenna

This thread reminded me of a meme that came up on social media recently. Being physically strong and powerful gives us (men) the impression that our heart/emotions are the same. I think we are generally the weaker sex when it comes to matters of the heart.A617361F-0483-4FC2-B8F8-9FF9D0CF9483.jpeg

twice. There was a girl who was my best friend and she cheated on me with 3 other guys in like a week (she was young plus she cheated with me when she was still with my other best friend).

The second was a girl I saw for awhile, taught her how to snowboard, kissed her whenever she fell and eventually got her to be pretty damn good, for a girl.

After that I just whored myself out for a decade.

The first one stings because your expectations are higher. You eventually learn that a woman's love is often fleeting and based mostly on reverence or what you can do for her, and you sort of play the game accordingly and aren't surprised when shit falls apart. Women are more affectionate, men are more sentimental.

One thing I realized that helped me get over heartbreak is that usually I didn't really miss the person I was heartbroken over. I wasn't mourning the opportunity of spending time with the person who brings me joy, it was more the hit to the ego because of rejection.

Just the act of thinking about my wounded ego instead of looking back through rose tinted glasses at love lost (that obviously wasn't working that why it's over) helped me push through those moments when my chest would feel tight.

It also helped me realize that my happiness should be dependent on me and not those I surround myself with.

I'm jaded and part of me expects it these days. Not because I can verify that I've been cheated on before, but because I've had quite a few girl-friends not GF's, and many of them are needy hoes when their man isn't available enough either physically or emotionally, and have no problems finding a willing dick to fill that void. They are also 10 times sneakier about it and in many cases, their man never finds out unless they are really stupid, or if they want him to.

This thread reminded me of a meme that came up on social media recently. Being physically strong and powerful gives us (men) the impression that our heart/emotions are the same. I think we are generally the weaker sex when it comes to matters of the heart.View attachment 428855

Well, I think you'll get a kick out of this one:

miozv2u1vgi11.jpg

Yep, heartbreak sucks. You gotta go through all the same stages as when mourning but the person is still there. It’s a special kind of hurt.

Parents or a close friend dying way too early is much more painful than some random snatch not wanting to fuck you anymore.

It's a bitch for sure. Took me years to get over someone. Haven't had proper feels for anyone since

Grow some balls TS.

It's part of life. You'll either be thankful it happened or you'll wither away in self pity.

Either way, be glad you had the opportunity.

Back