heart rate confusion

TKMaxx715

saggy pants
@Blue
Reaction score
as the science behind all cardio is not in my field of knowledge i was wondering what the difference was between pumping the heart through exercise and pumping the heart through caffeine on a strict view of the heart.

Both pump the heart and therefore makes the heart stronger. I am not talking about lung capacity or muscular endurance either: just the effects it has on the heart.

Im definately not suggesting that they have the same effects and im sure red bull and other caffeine drinks arent the best things in the world for you but i dont see the difference between the two

TKMaxx715 said:
as the science behind all cardio is not in my field of knowledge i was wondering what the difference was between pumping the heart through exercise and pumping the heart through caffeine on a strict view of the heart.

Both pump the heart and therefore makes the heart stronger. I am not talking about lung capacity or muscular endurance either: just the effects it has on the heart.

Im definately not suggesting that they have the same effects and im sure red bull and other caffeine drinks arent the best things in the world for you but i dont see the difference between the two

The difference is that raising your heart rate through exercise brings about increased blood flow to the heart and improved oxygenation with it. You're forcing it to adapt to exercise, making it stronger, and lowering your resting heart rate.

Substances like caffeine, nicotine, et al that raise your pulse do so while causing vasoconstriction (dilating of the blood vessels, making them smaller) so the heart is forced to work harder while being deprived of blood and oxygen.

Back