Hearing Diego asking and weighting options made me mad

I genuinely don't care that Diego quit. I'm actually quite happy he got his win bonus..

He's been fighting in the UFC for 15 years. He's clearly on his way out very soon and could likely suffer CTE related issues later in life...
Every penny that guy can squeeze out of the UFC is good in my eyes.

Michel won in the court of public opinion, and at 26, he's got his time to make his money.

If you were getting destroyed for 13 mins and we're lucky enough to survive then your opponents commits an obvious foul, and if you decide you don't want to continue knowing you're gonna get beat down more while losing out on 100K for a win bonus and I believe you too would take the easy DQ win.

Quit acting like you're better than Diego and see the bigger picture

AgonizingConcernedFirecrest-small.gif

You can't blame him when there's so much money on the line they basically asked him do you want 100k or no?

Diego took the right decision and by choosing to get out and take a beer instead of a broken face.
I don't even understand how the hell he have accepted to fight a bigger and younger in Pereira.
I was worry and the fight was scary to watch ; nobody could look good after all.
Diego needs to retired or take fun fight, with old veteran on the way out ; just like him.

His salary for ufc 235 was $99,000 to show, $99,000 to win, so taking that cowardly DQ put a hundred grand in his pocket. <13>

Why are so many people pissed at the guy who got fouled, rather than the guy who committed the foul?
Edited to add, it seems like this happens every time a foul affects the outcome of a fight. There’s more outrage directed at the victim than the perpetrator.

Why are so many people pissed at the guy who got fouled, rather than the guy who committed the foul?
Edited to add, it seems like this happens every time a foul affects the outcome of a fight. There’s more outrage directed at the victim than the perpetrator.
I think people are just frustrated because Michel was clearly the better fighter and deserved to win. It's hard to blame Sanchez for quitting, he had to choose between winning $100,000 or probably getting knocked out. Maybe it will work out best for Michel though, the controversy of the fight now has more people talking about him

Because Pereira was about to win the fight, won all rounds, got a knock down right before the foul, was better everywhere.

The doctor said he was good to go. If a fighter says he isn't good to go it should be a TKO win for the opponent, no matter if the strike was illegal.
Fighters don't stop fights, referees end doctors do.

Because Pereira was about to win the fight, won all rounds, got a knock down right before the foul, was better everywhere.
Then why aren’t you frustrated with Pereira for fucking it up at the end?

Say what? Good on him for figuring out which option to take, being expected to continue after the other guy did something illegal is not some warrior shit, it’s some stupid shit. Don’t like it, blame the guy who actually did something wrong, get on social media and let him know if he can’t follow the rules go get a job at McDonalds.

The fact that we were able to hear him talking to the referee, asking about the rules and such, clearly showing he was very aware and conscious of everything rustled my jimmies hard.

He managed to be malicious and cunning while still keeping that simpleton flair, what only made him even more malicious and cunning.

That's that old veteran savvy at work. Good on Diego.

you will just have to deal wit it.

The fact that we were able to hear him talking to the referee, asking about the rules and such, clearly showing he was very aware and conscious of everything rustled my jimmies hard.

He managed to be malicious and cunning while still keeping that simpleton flair, what only made him even more malicious and cunning.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the moron that broke the rules.

it was a intelligent and wise financial decision made by Diego and this is actually remarkable for that guy especially after been kneed in the head. He did the right thing

Truth be told, it’s bullshit that he even had to say anything, I never understood how after a flagrant foul its basically up to the victim if the fight continues, a hard knee to The head on downed opponent should be enough to stop the fight

Still better than when Big Dan advised a doubled over Struve he was winning the fight so he might as well go back in there and not settle for a no contest...

The annoying part for me was that he said he couldn't see from blood running into his eyes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back