healthy grocery list on a budget

Chiken breast is good if you marinade it for a day.. Lemon, or low sodium soy sauce..makes some rice and its not bad

Get a little stand-alone steamer and steam your spinach.

Add a little bit of real butter and some lemon.
It cooks down like mega, so get that Costco/Sams membership and get a big bag.

I'm also a fan of the rotisserie chicken (thinking about quick meals here) but sometimes, I like to just bake one.

Purchase a whole fryer chicken. You can get one at Walmarto for $3-$4.

This is the basic of basic...

1. Rinse it off, put it in a big bowl.
2. Soak it in some olive oil, add some fresh garlic, a little salt and pepper. Insert some more garlic just under the skin of the breasts (and buy some gum....)
3. Place in a pyrex dish, or on a little rack inside the dish.
4. Throw in the oven for 1 1/2 hours or so at 350. (it's summer, so you could cut it in half and grill it, that's great too)
4. When the leg pulls apart from the thigh easily, take it out and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Save one of the breasts for a sandwich the next day.

For bland chicken breasts, I like the following:

1. Put a couple in a gallon ziplock bag.
2. Add olive oil, fresh smooshed garlic, salt, pepper, the juice & some fruit from canned pineapple, and a tablespoon of thai hot sauce.* - ##
3. Marinate in the fridge for at least 30-minutes.
4. Grill.
5. Slice and put on your salad or fresh spinach.
6. Grate some fresh parmesan cheese on top.
6. Add your favorite salad dressing (I like the Newman's Olive Oil and Italian).

*I keep some ginger root in a ziplock bag in the freezer. When I want to marinate chicken breasts, I just take it out the freezer and grate a little into the bag as well. Throw it back into the freezer, and it won't rot on you.

~
## Edit....ooops, just a teaspoon. I don't want anyone hurting themselves...

peanuts

Peanuts'z OK mang. May help raise Restostetone (Testosterone) and has some good fats in it and minerals.

Just buy the natural peanut butter (no hydrogynate fats or oils!), Eat on whole wheat, or with celery or apples.

Walnuts, Almonds, Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds are all good for you too!1111111

Lean beef (10lb tube from sams) 90%

Huge bag of frozen broc
Huge bag of frozen blueberries
bananas in bulk
Eggs in Bulk
mixed nuts in bulk

And you will still have money left over....

Chicken breast with a half a lemon and some pepper in not only cheap, but tastes great. And the Olive Oil and Cider Vinegar combo is the most underrated salad dressing/marinade of all time.

Wash a water bottle, toss some Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil in there, crush some Garlic into it, a li'l Lemon Juice and maybe a Bay Leaf or Parsley... you could put a fancy "Organic and non-Processed" label on it and make millions.

Go to the freezer section and buy a store brand bag of frozen veggies theyre like 1.99 they have stir fry mix, california mix, blah blah mix. just throw that shit in a pan with some low sodium soy sauce.....if your not into cooking/cleaning like me they have the pre cut/cooked chicken breast squares for 7.00 a bag..throw that shit in there too and let it cook for 10 min (you can use this time to do pushups and sit ups) then go and stir it all together, stir off and on for the next 10 min and .BAM! ur eating a gourmet feast for 3 bucks. probably not the best chix for you but F it, it'll do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back