Head butts!!?

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i have seen many people complain about the lack of knees and kicks on the ground, (especially knees) but i have never heard of anyone want head butts to be allowed again. do people really think it does that much damage or is it just that they are so hard to defend against and work great against jiu jitsu fighters. i have always lived by the rule 'when in doubt use your head'. i have only ever see three fighters use them effectively even when they were legal, kerr, fyre and coleman,"when they took headbutts out i had to learn some new skills."

Bart Vale used them in the nastiest ways...

I'm mixed on this. They are extremely effective when using the proper part of the head, but quite brutal and nasty - and create cuts like magic. If we want a legal sport, they need to stay on the street.

The general public would see it as a bad thing, more brutal so to speak. Just like some of the Pride rules that don't fly anymore. But from what I've read a lot of fighters wouldn't mind it. The same goes with gloves. Rory on JRP made a good point that if you can kick a guy in the head without leg protection, why not punch without gloves? It's all about making it look more professional. Otherwise people see a "glorified street fight".

You got 2 hands, elbows, legs, and knees and your rule is "use your head?"

Bart Vale used them in the nastiest ways...

I'm mixed on this. They are extremely effective when using the proper part of the head, but quite brutal and nasty - and create cuts like magic. If we want a legal sport, they need to stay on the street.

i have to agree. headbutts, soccer kicks and stomps just aren't necessary in a sport, but then again neither are eye pokes and they happen all the time. i would prefer to see someones face rearranged by headbutts than someone getting poked in the eye repeatedly. stupid point deduction just doesn't cut it.

Yeah - not sure how many of you guys have been in or seen real street fights where someone is literally scared to death of getting severely injured, maimed for life, or killed. People become animals.

Humans can do terrible violent things to each other without rules or refs. Biting fingers off, biting faces, ripping lips and ears off with blood everywhere... we don't want real what they used to call NHB fighting. It's just not good.

The general public would see it as a bad thing, more brutal so to speak. Just like some of the Pride rules that don't fly anymore. But from what I've read a lot of fighters wouldn't mind it. The same goes with gloves. Rory on JRP made a good point that if you can kick a guy in the head without leg protection, why not punch without gloves? It's all about making it look more professional. Otherwise people see a "glorified street fight".

The gloves are to protect the hand, not the head!

You got 2 hands, elbows, legs, and knees and your rule is "use your head?"

only when in doubt, and only on the 'crete, i can do more damage with an elbow anyway. i have been know to headbutt a fist from time to time, it fucks 'em up if they haven't got gloves on, and it beats blocking with your face.

The gloves are to protect the hand, not the head!

Yet hands break. I'm sure there is a very small difference between gloves and no gloves in MMA. There wasn't any gloves at the start, and I'm fairly sure they were brought in when all those other rules were.

i have to agree. headbutts, soccer kicks and stomps just aren't necessary in a sport, but then again neither are eye pokes and they happen all the time. i would prefer to see someones face rearranged by headbutts than someone getting poked in the eye repeatedly. stupid point deduction just doesn't cut it.

Yeah man agreed. I have seen stuff I can't talk about, makes you sick to your stomach. Small joint manipulations which are banned in MMA are another nasty thing that can have bones showing rather quickly with someone skilled in that art.

If eye pokes were allowed -you would have guys on the ground digging into eye sockets all the time. I mean...if people really wanted to go nasty. Fish hooking then head butting or biting the exposed ear until it mutilated. Ok enough... Yuck.

I miss head butts. But they don't exactly go with "legitimate sport". I'm fine with leaving them in the past and just watching Coleman and Kerr fights on fightpass.

LOL agreed.

Anyone remember Kimo's partner some guy named Sun or something get his 'sack' pounded on for like 5-8 fist blows on TV? I couldn't watch that.

Yeah - not sure how many of you guys have been in or seen real street fights where someone is literally scared to death of getting severely injured, maimed for life, or killed. People become animals.

Humans can do terrible violent things to each other without rules or refs. Biting fingers off, biting faces, ripping lips and ears off with blood everywhere... we don't want real what they used to call NHB fighting. It's just not good.

not blood everywhere we couldn't have that, it would be terrible. and i have been in a few scraps, funnily enough even in street fights most people fight cleanly. it's only the real viscous ****s or people in serious danger that resort to those kind of tactics. the only time i have deliberately gone for a groin shot was when some little fucker hit me with a pick handle. the funniest part was he was like,"you tried to hit me in the balls". even though he had just swung a bat at me and there were two of them.

Yeah man agreed. I have seen stuff I can't talk about, makes you sick to your stomach. Small joint manipulations which are banned in MMA are another nasty thing that can have bones showing rather quickly with someone skilled in that art.

If eye pokes were allowed -you would have guys on the ground digging into eye sockets all the time. I mean...if people really wanted to go nasty. Fish hooking then head butting or biting the exposed ear until it mutilated. Ok enough... Yuck.

and here i was thinking that was just good old fashioned self defence.

LOL agreed.

Anyone remember Kimo's partner some guy named Sun or something get his 'sack' pounded on for like 5-8 fist blows on TV? I couldn't watch that.

Joe son

He carried out a cross to the octagon

He's serving a life sentence w no parole in Cali for murder and gang rape. Good dude.

Head butts are nasty. I've used one in a street fight, but could do without them in MMA. We would see a lot of broken cheeks, orbitals, noses. They do tons of damage, and don't belong in a sport.

Joe son

He carried out a cross to the octagon

He's serving a life sentence w no parole in Cali for murder and gang rape. Good dude.

Well holy crap man!!! That is just sad.

Yeah I remember the cross now, and the BS they gave Royce when he got injured. Something was very weird about those guys - looks like Leopoldo couldn't stay out of trouble either.

Back