1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Head butts!!?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by eternaldarkness, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Ignatius Yellow Belt

OMG - did you read what he did to that woman? That was in 1990 - his cross bearing days.

2. eternaldarkness Banned Banned

good thing hackney marinated his beans back in the day. the mug deserved it.

3. RollingStop Orange Belt

I think headbutts would be fantastic to bring back. You could grapple almost normally, and then throw headbutts. It would make ground game more exciting for the general audience, and result in more finishes.

4. eternaldarkness Banned Banned

headbutts rarely ever finish fights. royce's style was even based around defending headbutts on the ground. overhook, underhook and palm on forehead.

5. grimballer Gold Belt

not really. gloves prevent eye injuries, cuts n swelling.

6. eternaldarkness Banned Banned

have you ever hit anybody without gloves? gloves and wraps definitely protect the hands and allow you to hit more often and harder. go watch a few bare knuckle boxing fights (before they all fought with wraps). bare knuckles do mark the face more and cut a little bit more. closing your fist helps prevent eye injuries (and hand), mma gloves don't protect the eyes at all, obviously.

7. foard32 Green Belt

And you have probably never punched someone in the head really hard without a glove. Technique and placement have to be perfect without gloves or your hands are going to get hurt.

8. eternaldarkness Banned Banned

so much so that fists are actually a fairly shit weapon that should be used judiciously in a real fight. only punch when there is range and a good target, elbows and knees are safer and more useful weapons. knees are the best weapon in mma or scraps because your hand are busy grappling most of the time. the only reason knees aren't used effectively more often is most people find it hard to generate force properly with knees. takes a lot of practice to drive through with the hip properly. this was what impressed me the most about brock, he had naturally great knees for such a big person.

9. grimballer Gold Belt

actually i train ufc n been hit with 16 ounce gloves, 7 ounce gloves, 4 ounce gloves n bare knuckles n i can assure you bare knuckles hurt the most. n if you dont believe me , believe science

[YT]watch?v=wRmOOWPTRBs[/YT]

10. Serana Destroyer. Banned

:eek:

11. eternaldarkness Banned Banned

have you ever hit anybody without gloves, i have and it definitely hurts yours hand more. the first punch bare knuckles may have more power but what about the tenth or the hundredth when you hands all fucked up. i don't train ufc but i have boxed for half my life, fought in mma, and have been punched by and punched people without gloves, and personally i don't find the bare knuckles that big a deal, except it really hurts your hand. it's mostly only superficial cuts and bruises, it is only the big hits or body shots that really do any damage, and i have been hit far harder and felt the effects more by people with gloves on. gloves may not allow you to actually hit harder but they definitely allow you to sustain your power for longer by protecting your hands. that is why they were invented.

12. MilkDaFunkyCow Orange Belt

Lololololol!!! So you train "UFC" eh?

13. VanNucker Orange Belt

Whooosh

14. eternaldarkness Banned Banned

and i thought training ufc went out of fashion when brock retired.how glad i was that someone enlightened me, it made my day.