• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked HBO's WESTWORLD Thread (Renewed for Season 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't get excited for many tv shows, but i can't wait to check this out.

I think I will have to check this show out when it premieres.

Perfect. Looking for a new show to take up anyways.

The cast/potential of this show is phenomenal

I loved the original movie.

Can not wait. Always loved the movie and am sooooo glad the premise is getting new life.

Update: July 12, 2015

New Images from Sci-Fi Series WESTWORLD; HBO Confirms 2016 Debut

dwvsdw.jpg

zv54cn.jpg

wvcnip.jpg

107p98y.jpg

HBO Releases New WESTWORLD Images, Confirms 2016 Debut

Update: August 9, 2015

First Teaser Trailer for HBO's WESTWORLD Released Online

2ns18gj.jpg

HBO has released the first trailer for Westworld. Based off the 1973 Michael Crichton book of the same name, and executive produced by Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy, and J.J. Abrams, the series is described as a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin. If it follows the central premise of the film, it revolves around androids that run amuck in a high-tech, western-style theme park.

This trailer doesn’t give us much to go on, but it’s definitely a fine announcement for the studio’s next big foray into genre television. They’ve got an intriguing premise with some quick glimpses of the striking visuals, and hopefully the network has another hit on their hands.

The series premieres in 2016, and stars Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Jeffrey Wright, Thandie Newton, James Marsden, and Evan Rachel Wood.

First WESTWORLD Trailer Asks You to Question Your Reality

Update: January 18, 2016

Production on HBO's WESTWORLD Shut Down

Westworld-HBO-011816-Dragonlord.jpg

Production on HBO's Westworld has been shut down. The anticipated drama, based on the 1973 film of the same name, is taking a break to allow writers/exec producers Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy time to catch up on the remaining four scripts of the series' freshman order.

"As we head into the final phase of production on Westworld, we’ve made the decision to take a brief hiatus in order to get ahead of the writing," HBO said Sunday in a statement.

HBO executives remain confident that the show, which counts J.J. Abrams among its exec producers, is set to premiere this year. Production was scheduled to wrap in November. The series will resume production in March, sources say.

The ambitious project, which was originally eyed to debut in 2015, has been the subject of swirling rumors about a messy process for some time. Asked about those rumblings on the pilot during an interview for a THR cover story last spring, HBO programming president Michael Lombardo said:

"This is the truth of Westworld. It’s expensive, but not irresponsibly so. The pilot’s really beautiful and really powerful. It was a great starting point. At the same time when you’re doing a series you have to go, OK, what’s the next episode? What’s bringing you in? You can’t just be a spectacle every week. People ultimately are going to get inert to that."

The series, which features an all-star cast — many of whom can play completely different characters, thanks to the show's robot-filled amusement-park concept — remains a big priority for HBO. Sources tell THR that the show's androids, played by castmembers including James Marsden, Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton, can be killed off and return with completely different personas, allowing actors to play many characters.

That creative device, one top talent agent said, helped HBO attract a premier cast, which also includes Ed Harris and Jeffrey Wright). And unlike the actors on such anthology series as FX's American Horror Storyand HBO's own True Detective, which reboot themselves every season, the cast of Westworld is signing multiyear deals.

Production on HBO's WESTWORLD Shut Down; Still Targeting 2016 Premiere

what other shows are they working on that could delay this? i know they are doing the
Interstellar tv show, but i havent heard anything about that .

I'm down for this. I'll definitely be checking it out.

As an aside, for those who enjoy movie trivia, Westworld was the first major feature film to use computer animation (in the form of Yul Brynner's POV shots).

latest

Cant wait... the other day I was thinking about the original movie and wondering how come hollywood had not made the remake yet.

HBO Sets Fall Premiere for WESTWORLD; Brief Teaser Promo

Westworld-Eyes-052616-Dragonlord.jpg

HBO now confirms Westworld will be premiering this fall. A hard date is not yet available, but the word comes via a press release announcing the network’s upcoming fall series, which include Divorce, Insecure, and High Maintenance. Westworld is the only adaptation in a slate of other original programming and it will likely be the biggest draw from the new catalog, but obviously the network hopes that its other offerings will find audiences as well.

A one hour drama, the Westworld series (ten episodes) offers a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the evolution of sin. Set at the intersection of the near future and the reimagined past, it explores a world in which every human appetite, no matter how noble or depraved, can be indulged.

The Westworld series cast includes Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Tessa Thompson, Sidse Babett Knudsen, Jimmi Simpson, Rodrigo Santoro, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Ben Barnes, Simon Quarterman, Angela Sarafyan, Luke Hemsworth and Clifton Collins, Jr.

‘Westworld’ Confirmed to Debut on HBO This Fall; New Teaser Promo Released

Update: June 19, 2016

First Full Trailer for HBO's Dark Sci-Fi Drama WESTWORLD

Westworld-061916-Dragonlord.jpg

HBO has just released a new trailer for the highly anticipated new sci-fi drama series Westworld. Executive produced by The Dark Knight screenwriter Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy, and J.J. Abrams, Westworld is based on Michael Crichton‘s classic tale of an amusement park where you enter a fake, robot-filled Western realm.

Westworld is one of the most promising drama series in development at HBO, but it hasn’t been without its hiccups. Production was halted recently so that Nolan and his team could regroup and ensure that the series was moving forward with its best creative foot forward, and now that the series is back on track, we’re finally headed towards its premiere later this year.

With Game of Thrones ending relatively soon and a serious drama series drought on its slate, HBO very much needs Westworld to be its next Game of Thrones-sized hit—and the good news is it looks incredibly promising.

The series is slated to premiere on HBO this fall and stars Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Tessa Thompson,Sidse Babett Knudsen, Jimmi Simpson, Rodrigo Santoro, and Clifton Collins, Jr.

‘Westworld’ Trailer Unveils Cowboys & Robots in HBO’s Dark Sci-Fi Series

Westworld will premiere on Sunday, October 2 at 9pm on HBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back