• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked HBO's WESTWORLD Thread (Renewed for Season 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanity Fair's "Bernard = Arnold" theory (written before the reveal about Bernardbot)
http://moviepilot.com/p/westworld-fan-theory-bernard-is-a-host-version-of-arnold/4138348

I remember Ford mentioning that Arnold's personal life was suffering from tragedy, so he put everything into his work. Maybe this mirror's Bernard's dead son (Could be Arnold's dead son?)
I also remember Abernathy saying "I will have revenge on you...both" and looking at both Ford and Bernard, as if he was his "maker". We know that "Bernard" didn't make him, though.

Even when he says that he wants to meet his maker, Ford looks at Bernard as if he's in on it. Kind of how he looked at Bernard in the last episode when he asked if Bernard was still around when Arnold died. It seems like Ford likes to bounce ideas off of Bernard. All the signs point to Bernard being Arnold, a replicant of Arnold or someone who has been extremely important to the creation of the hosts, but hasn't been mentioned yet. Great catch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back