HBO Broadcast > Showtime Broadcast

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Very few times in the or very little at all during the main event of Canelo vs May between rounds, Showtime never shows the corner talking to the fighters giving them advice or change of game plan.

I noticed this as well during the Ghost vs May ppv main event as well.

Absolutely hate this as a boxing fan who watches for skill and game planning.

Anyone else notice this?

When HBO boxing matches occur, they use the entire 50 seconds to switch from each corner showing what is being said.

Showtime must do everything just like HBO

Yeah I like hearing what the corners have to say. The commentating us rough too. They couldn't have been more biased towards Floyd than if it were Floyd Sr. and Roger doing it.

I like them both.

Lately I have been enjoying Paulies commentary alot. he knows his shit. Since Steward passed away, Ill take paulie over anyone that HBO has

I like to see the corner speak also but this is not a huge deal as some dont even speak english. It is what it is

Last edited:
I normally wouldnt ask this but you have trolled people on here before.

Are you just in love with HBO because PAC is over there?

I generally enjoy Lamprey a lot as a boxing commentator because he has done it for so long. He has great energy and knowledge of the sport.

Loved Manny Steward, rest his soul. Hate Max Kellerman, use to enjoy him but now to so much. Bring back Larry Merchant.

Roy Jones Jr has been doing well as of late.

Not a fan of Bernstein, he makes me want to sleep. Paulie is solid. Mauro is pride to me, boxing he sucks.

That's what interpreters are for Jr like Jerry Olaya.

:cool:

They dont translate that good. I dont know if you have friends that speak different languages but my coach used to get pissed by what he was saying. I personally felt like he was under pressure and he only had a few seconds to really interpret. I understood

Last edited:
He is the best in the business and does a fine job.

OlayaHBO_s640x427.jpg

I never liked larry. we had been making fun of him saying he was drunk live on air since I can remember.

Your obsession is getting scary, guy.

Your obsession is getting scary, guy.

I believe you are playing naive here. Everyone on this boxing forum knows that you and wanderlei worship Pac.

Its not a secret.

Look at his sig lol My obsession hahah. Come on look at his sig.

Look at presidents sig too while your at it.:icon_lol:

The reason why I made this thread was because I wanted to see what Canelo's corner was saying to him since he obviously never changed course during the fight.

I can't remember one time show time showing Canelo's corner and interpreting what his coaches were saying.

Amateurs I tell ya

I've been with my boy PAC since 01, not gonna dessert him after one loss just like how I will always support Fedor and Wand even though their best days are long gone.

It's against the law here to be a Pacquiao fan I guess??

Yeah I like hearing what the corners have to say. The commentating us rough too. They couldn't have been more biased towards Floyd than if it were Floyd Sr. and Roger doing it.

Have you watched the past few HBO/Floyd fights? They were extremely biased against Floyd. At times straight to his face, the very guy whose making them millions.

He is the best in the business and does a fine job.

OlayaHBO_s640x427.jpg

Actually, he's one of the most biased in the business.

Who Jerry Olaya the interpreter? That's what the photo is for. Max said that interpreters weren't any good.

Who Jerry Olaya the interpreter? That's what the photo is for. Max said that interpreters weren't any good.

More so when they hit the corner and now that I think about it. that guy is fairly new right? I mean the last couple years?

thye used to have a different guy if i remember that right

Back