HBO Broadcast > Showtime Broadcast

Have you watched the past few HBO/Floyd fights? They were extremely biased against Floyd. At times straight to his face, the very guy whose making them millions.

Actually, he's one of the most biased in the business.

It seems that commentators are either hating on Floyd or juggling his balls in their mouths.

The commentating of both HBO and Showtime have been sub par as of late. Larry, Jim and *insert color commentator here* had their deficiencies, but they were rarely so bad that I paid much attention like with these guys.

I laughed pretty hard at the "Harold's gotta tell ya" video. That'd be a pretty fucking great username

But yeah TS I was really annoyed not being able to hear what the corners were saying. I thought that shit was amateur. I do love Paulie's commentary though, I think he does a great job

More so when they hit the corner and now that I think about it. that guy is fairly new right? I mean the last couple years?

thye used to have a different guy if i remember that right

Bring back Ray Torres

hqdefault.jpg

I used to think HBO had the best team around but over the past few years, they've turned into salesmen. Jim Lampley slobbering over Pacquiao was disgusting. Worst bias this side of Howard Cosell. He literally cried at the Pacquiao/Bradley decision. Thats just pathetic.

Max has gone from overanalyzing the action to telling us what sort of fan appreciates the action we're seeing and making goo goo eyes at Ward and Roy.

I'm glad they got rid of merchant and I really used to enjoy the guys commentary. But his last few years there, he didn't seem to enjoy what he was doing and he was disrespectful to many fighters on the air.

I think the combo of Paulie and Bernstein kicks HBOs ass. Mauro is a tad much but he fits in there better than I thought he would.

But the main point is that show time doesn't show the corner between rounds and that flat out sucks. Booooo this man.

They dont translate that good. I dont know if you have friends that speak different languages but my coach used to get pissed by what he was saying. I personally felt like he was under pressure and he only had a few seconds to really interpret. I understood

That's because Showtime's interpreter is so terrified of Jim Grey

I generally enjoy Lamprey a lot as a boxing commentator because he has done it for so long. He has great energy and knowledge of the sport.

Loved Manny Steward, rest his soul. Hate Max Kellerman, use to enjoy him but now to so much. Bring back Larry Merchant.

Roy Jones Jr has been doing well as of late.

Not a fan of Bernstein, he makes me want to sleep. Paulie is solid. Mauro is pride to me, boxing he sucks.

I have to agree. The whole product is better at HBO and now that Steward is gone they should bring Paulie over, that would be good. Bernstein knows his shit but for some reason, I'm not sold on him.

However, ESPN has the best commentators in my mind. Love FNF.

It seems that commentators are either hating on Floyd or juggling his balls in their mouths.

The commentating of both HBO and Showtime have been sub par as of late. Larry, Jim and *insert color commentator here* had their deficiencies, but they were rarely so bad that I paid much attention like with these guys.

When you're shitting against someone whose paying your paycheck indirectly, that's pretty bad.... And thats what they got, Floyd left HBO.

rewatched the fight.

They go into the corners but are giving their anaylisis of what just happened in the ring and what each fighter needs to do to turn the tide.

In between round 5& 6 they actually have an interpreter for canelos corner. So they did do that, just not as often

Showtime must do everything just like HBO

in this case they should,sometimes the corner dialogue is the most dramatic moment of the fight

ive warmed to bernstein quite a bit,he may not generate excitement but he is solid

I used to think HBO had the best team around but over the past few years, they've turned into salesmen. Jim Lampley slobbering over Pacquiao was disgusting. Worst bias this side of Howard Cosell. He literally cried at the Pacquiao/Bradley decision. Thats just pathetic.

Max has gone from overanalyzing the action to telling us what sort of fan appreciates the action we're seeing and making goo goo eyes at Ward and Roy.

I'm glad they got rid of merchant and I really used to enjoy the guys commentary. But his last few years there, he didn't seem to enjoy what he was doing and he was disrespectful to many fighters on the air.

I think the combo of Paulie and Bernstein kicks HBOs ass. Mauro is a tad much but he fits in there better than I thought he would.

i agree about HBO but i still like those guys,im a hbo guy for so long
but i do like the team of bernstein,paulie and mauro,mauros earning his bones a bit,as far as his flaws,well at least it hasnt to do with him not being a straight shooter

i used to hate showtime,couldnt stand steve albert....and even thought bernstein was always good it wasnt that great if he had to hold things down by himself,now hes got good guys to work with

In general I agree.. but this Mayweather vs. Canelo broadcast was damn good.. hilight for me was the Jack Nicholson

Even though they did go to the corners a couple times during the fight, I do think they should go to the corner more often to see what adjustments they are making.

this is how I found out Robert had a shitty game plan for Donaire against Rigo. He never made or even said what adjustment to do.

Keep pressuring him Nonito, he said in round one.

Keep pressuring him Nonito in round 10. WTF

It was funny because anytime Nonito had success he was backing up

they should always show the goddamn corners or at least make them audible during replays

Back