Hayabusa Tokushu 16 oz Plus Review - REPEAT! -

My tokushu have pretty significant stitching issues, well if your nit picky atleast like me. A few lines run astray, a lot if loose threads. However, the performance is superb.

My kanpekis came out near perfect and judging from how they look and feel still I can vouch for hayabusa's durability. I still have their pro MMA 16oz sparring gloves from 2009-2010 and they look new still.

Thanks guys. Yeah their pro MMA gear from way back really is is durable. Thick leather and good stitching. Hoping the Tokushu's last even longer.

Thanks guys. Yeah their pro MMA gear from way back really is is durable. Thick leather and good stitching. Hoping the Tokushu's last even longer.

The tokushu will definitely last a long time. By the way gonz, Idk if you still use your pro MMA sparring gloves but I was wondering how broken in you got your foam to become. Mine were stiff for months even after extensive bag work, so I placed them under really heavy crates and left them for a couple nights. I then broke them in more by hand. After that they became perfect sparring gloves.

The tokushu will definitely last a long time. By the way gonz, Idk if you still use your pro MMA sparring gloves but I was wondering how broken in you got your foam to become. Mine were stiff for months even after extensive bag work, so I placed them under really heavy crates and left them for a couple nights. I then broke them in more by hand. After that they became perfect sparring gloves.

That's a lot of breaking in!:eek:

Hah, yeah! No mine didn't change much really. The padding is still stiff and dense, they softened up a little bit but not much. There's like lines now coming through that you can see through the leather but the padding still works like a charm. Maybe I have to do the same breaking in routine. :D

Try it man. My gloves now are similar to Reyes. They like slightly thicker padded puncher's gloves. Amazing feeling though for bag, mitts and sparring.

I placed them each in their own plastic CVS bag then placed the crate directly on top with them facing palm side up. I left them 24 hours then repeated the process with them facing palm side down. I then pushed the knuckles area in with my thumbs and pressed it in with my palm to loosen it up more.They are perfect now.

Thanks Man I'll give it a shot. :)

Meanwhile the new 14 oz Tokushu's arrived and what can I say. They're absolutely perfect! No thumb issues for me, they just fit my hands perfectly. They feel perfect. They're as compact as I wanted them to be, the size and the weight is perfect, the padding amount is perfect. Perfect bag/pad gloves for me and for my hands. I guess for some other people they're not the right gloves, we're all different. Can't wait for my next training session when I try these out.

There are a bunch of tags that came with the gloves. One is about the vylar leather. It says "scientifically proven to outperform regular leather" and that it is also "superior to leather according to researches done at the University of Cincinnati". More info: "Incredible tear strength, Superior abrasion threshold and crack resistance, easy to clean". And so on. So it is superior to leather. Some people made a big deal about them not being leather gloves when they're better than actual leather gloves. The same tags can be found about the padding they use, according to University led tests done the padding has unmatched longevity, and they guarantee that it will not dislodge, degrade or bottom out over time. So I'm pretty confident the gloves will last a long time.

Oh yeah told you Gonz, i have the GSPs because I am a GSP fanboi and I will never trade them.

Question is are you going to stick with your plus size model or are you going to trade them off and get a 16oz for sparring?

I'm definitely keeping them! They'll be my primary sparring gloves and also something to wear out my arms on the bag like every other week. The 14 oz will be my bag/pad gloves. They're both perfect for what I want to use them and how they fit my hands. The GSP version looks sick as well but they were a little pricy over here so I went with the white ones instead. And now the regular ones. Just sold my Rival sparring gloves so these gloves basically were a freebie since I basically traded them off for the Rivals kind of. Only had to add another 20 bucks. :D

I'm definitely keeping them! They'll be my primary sparring gloves and also something to wear out my arms on the bag like every other week. The 14 oz will be my bag/pad gloves. They're both perfect for what I want to use them and how they fit my hands. The GSP version looks sick as well but they were a little pricy over here so I went with the white ones instead. And now the regular ones. Just sold my Rival sparring gloves so these gloves basically were a freebie since I basically traded them off for the Rivals kind of. Only had to add another 20 bucks. :D

Good deal man! I am not a fan of rivals personally, lacking major wrist support. I feel tokushu is better glove and more versatile in every way.

No doubt, the Tokushu's are far superior to Rivals best gear (d3o) in every single aspect. And the Rival stuff is even more expensive. :D

Where do u live?

I don't have the Pros, I use the regular hayabusa tokushu and I love them.
I've tried many from other friends at the gym, including top kings, winning, reyes, venum, etc and there are the ones I feel are the best.

Germany :D
Yeah I think he's referring to the Tokushu's. And I pretty much agree with him.

No doubt, the Tokushu's are far superior to Rivals best gear (d3o) in every single aspect. And the Rival stuff is even more expensive. :D

This is what I have been saying all the time and got flamed for it lol
Not that d3o are that bad, but Tokushu are way way better. The knuckle protection (absorption) is much better, wrist support is incomparable, durability of the padding is far better either, really not reason to pick up RB10 instead of Tokushu, they are simply much worse than Tokushu.

really I don't remember anyone flaming you for bashing rival ivan lol!

The Rivals don't compete at all. I've had them, their padding is some average foam, the wrist support is average at best. The leather is nice, the d3o material is solid but nothing to write home about. Too dense for my hands, I kept having issues with my knuckles when I wore these. Also had issues with my wrists. They're not bad gloves, but they're not good gloves either. And way overpriced.

Rivals fight gloves the RFX guerrerros were pretty awesome IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back