Hayabusa Pro 16oz Sparring Gloves *pics*

A short update on Art Vandelay's Q about their performance on the bag:

they make for pretty damn good bag gloves. Padding is solid and protects your hands well. The wrist support is superb with the dual velcro strap system. It's a little bit tougher getting them on by yourself comapred to normal hook-n-loop gloves due to the extra strap, but the support you get is better. The interior band is elastic though, and I have a personal dislike for elastic used in any kind of glove closure because it wears out over time and becomes loose. I suppose once the elastic gets too loose, they'll still perform with the same efficiency as regular hoo-n-loop gloves.

Damn, sorry about the extra posts... my post wasn't showing up for some reason...

Hayabusa's swag is always so clean looking. I dug the review, and thanks for posting pics.Looks like a good buy.

these gloves have given me an idea i'd like to try out on a pair of gloves, not the double Velcro thingy but something else that might make gloves as snug as laces but not a hassle to slip on.

I am leaning towards the Hayabusa gloves, but was wondering if they are comparable to Fairtex. I like the Fairtex MMA gloves , but might try a pair of Hayabusa as well. So I was just wondering whether to get Hayabusa or Fairtex (seems like Fairtex is sold out almost everywhere anyways. And I can order straight from Hayabusa or Red Dragon as I live in Ontario, Canada and wont be dinged with the crazy shipping from the US).

I am leaning towards the Hayabusa gloves, but was wondering if they are comparable to Fairtex. I like the Fairtex MMA gloves , but might try a pair of Hayabusa as well. So I was just wondering whether to get Hayabusa or Fairtex (seems like Fairtex is sold out almost everywhere anyways. And I can order straight from Hayabusa or Red Dragon as I live in Ontario, Canada and wont be dinged with the crazy shipping from the US).

Quality-wise, they're on par with Fairtex. I own a pair of Fairtex sparring gloves and the Hayabusas stand up to them in terms of durability and construction. I'd assume the MMA gloves would be the same.

these gloves have given me an idea i'd like to try out on a pair of gloves, not the double Velcro thingy but something else that might make gloves as snug as laces but not a hassle to slip on.

Sounds awesome. When you come out with those gloves, make a thread here on G&E and post pics. I'd love to see 'em.

Great Thread, I am looking for new 16's and was thinking about the Hayabusa's. My hands are fairly tough but I could use the wrist support.

*** UPDATE ***

Take this with a grain of salt, or whatever you want:

I completely forgot to update my review, so my apologies. Long story short: they are good gloves, but not good sparring gloves. The padding never really softened up and the leather is very stiff. The foam is dense... much denser than typical sparring gloves ought to be. I'm actually gonna try using them for bag/padwork in the coming days to see if they make good bag gloves, because the foam density seems to lean more towards that use than sparring. I know they are marketed as "Pro Sparring gloves", but be warned now that the gloves will probably be very hard on your sparring partner if you use them for anything other than light sparring.

Please ignore my earlier comments on the padding, as I had only some really bad sparring gloves on hand to compare them to. If you buy these for sparring, do so at your sparring partner's peril.

thank you for the heads up, I was thinking about picking these up cause I own a pair of there shorts.rashguards and mma gloves. Anyone have experiance with there head gear.?

Hey I just got these gloves in the mail. I really don't have anything constructive to say that hasn't already been said.

Great gloves, very pretty, but yea they do feel a bit too hard for sparring unless you're sparring with Wanderlei Silva.

man they look friggin sweet. sorry they sucked for sparring.

I just got these and the foam is really dense. I havent sparred with them or broke them in but I'm worried that it might be to hard to hit hard.

I just got these and the foam is really dense. I havent sparred with them or broke them in but I'm worried that it might be to hard to hit hard.

i pretty sure these gloves are made in china

i stopped by a local shop that was selling these gloves and i must say i'm not a fan just my opinion but here are some points.

1. double velcro is a gimmick you can get the glove just as tight with the one velcro as you can by snugging up both.
2.padding was a bit hard. just means it should take longer to break in so the padding should in theory last longer
3. they looked nice
4. nice mated leather
5. thumb felt a bit funny on one glove and but was fine on another (it seemed that the white gloves were different then the black ones in this area)
6. not a fan of the front loaded style gloves (padding shape) especially if i'm going to hit the bag with the glove

i give the gloves 7/10 on first impressions only i was planing on buying the glove but after seeing it in person i choose not to but in saying that they sell like crazy from what i was told

*** UPDATE ***

Take this with a grain of salt, or whatever you want:

I completely forgot to update my review, so my apologies. Long story short: they are good gloves, but not good sparring gloves. The padding never really softened up and the leather is very stiff. The foam is dense... much denser than typical sparring gloves ought to be. I'm actually gonna try using them for bag/padwork in the coming days to see if they make good bag gloves, because the foam density seems to lean more towards that use than sparring. I know they are marketed as "Pro Sparring gloves", but be warned now that the gloves will probably be very hard on your sparring partner if you use them for anything other than light sparring.

Please ignore my earlier comments on the padding, as I had only some really bad sparring gloves on hand to compare them to. If you buy these for sparring, do so at your sparring partner's peril.

i found that with my friends gloves-- they are very stiff

wud make good bag gloves

Back