Hayabusa Pro 16oz Sparring Gloves *pics*

GFG, they are made in China, no doubt. Says so on the glove itself. I wouldn't go so far to say the double velcro is a gimmick, but I somewhat agree that it isn't totally necessary. That said, it feels a little more snug compared to some other velcro gloves when cinched up tight.

Been using them as bag/pad gloves for a while now. Have held up very well.

i pretty sure these gloves are made in china

i stopped by a local shop that was selling these gloves and i must say i'm not a fan just my opinion but here are some points.

1. double velcro is a gimmick you can get the glove just as tight with the one velcro as you can by snugging up both.
2.padding was a bit hard. just means it should take longer to break in so the padding should in theory last longer
3. they looked nice
4. nice mated leather
5. thumb felt a bit funny on one glove and but was fine on another (it seemed that the white gloves were different then the black ones in this area)
6. not a fan of the front loaded style gloves (padding shape) especially if i'm going to hit the bag with the glove

i give the gloves 7/10 on first impressions only i was planing on buying the glove but after seeing it in person i choose not to but in saying that they sell like crazy from what i was told

I don't think the double strap is a gimmick at all it's tighter than most other single strap gloves I've used. And dense padding is what you're gonna get when buying mexican style gloves, unless they're Reyes, in which case there's thin padding. I didn't notice the thumb problem with mine, but any problems should be fixed once they've broken in.

it was just my opinion i personally felt the deference in tightness between using both Velcros and just one Velcro was minimal if not barely noticeable. but to me wrist support means when the glove is on without wraps how easy is it to move your fist back and forth less movement = more support.

I found w/ my wraps on they were almost as tight as my lace ups especially with both straps on. It's true, the second strap is mainly there to cover up the first strap so that it looks prettier, but it does provide a little extra padding to keep your wrist from bending back. It's noticeable to me cuz my wrists are messed up.

I was gonna make a new review thread but since crossdx already did such a detailed review, I'll just add to his.

After using the gloves for about a little over a month I agree with crossdx. The gloves do make better bag gloves than actual sparring gloves due to the hard density foam the gloves use.

As for the dual closure strap system the glove uses, it works extremely well at securing your wrist and with hand wraps its a very snug fit. The only gripe I have about this system is it is extremely hard to get the snug secured feeling on both hands when you are trying to secure the straps yourself with one glove already on. :icon_conf

I also had a slight problem with my gloves where the stitching by the wrist straps was coming loose. I e-mailed Hayabusa about this problem and Craig sent out a replacement pair that same day. Now, if that's not customer service, than I don't know what is! Craig is definitely the man to speak to at Hayabusa. He's prompt, friendly and extremely helpful! :icon_chee After e-mailing him, within a few hours he sent out my package via FedEx and it arrived the very next day. Thanks Craig!!!

I give these gloves a 8/10.

Here's some pictures of the Black/Red Hayabusa 16oz. Sparring Gloves...

888a2704.jpg

The stitching area that came loose.

3b729f9a.jpg

Stitch Work.

0351f98b.jpg

Overview Shot.

ddfa24c0.jpg

Reverse Shot.

Glad I looked at this. I was really wanting to get these. reinforces the want. haha

when u spar with them, is this comment about hardness WHILE wearing headgear? or are they too hard witho0ut headgear?

these soften up yet? or are the bgv1 still preferred over this

Where did you order the white and red gloves from, i cant find them anywhere!

Where did you order the white and red gloves from?

my bad on the double post

Where did you order the white and red gloves from, i cant find them anywhere!

They dont sell that color no more........the best thing about Hayabusa is if the gloves ever get worn out you can email Hayabusa and they send you a new pair!!!

Thats customer service!!!!!! :D

Yeah, thats a big reason why I bought into some of Hayabusa's other products. I think my next pair of Gloves will be these but for now i'm gonna rock my Heatseeker 2.0's which are in the mail =D

that sucks, those colours looked sick.

thats definetley some good customer service though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back