Hayabusa 16oz sparring gloves

does anybody have any problems putting these on by yourself? a friend of mine has these and he always need help putting them on and stuff. i was wondering if it was the different wrist straps

does anybody have any problems putting these on by yourself? a friend of mine has these and he always need help putting them on and stuff. i was wondering if it was the different wrist straps

I have the Kanpeki version, and haven't been able to compare them to the originals. Although I've heard they are very similar. I can get mine on however the hand compartment definitely fits a bit tighter to my hand than other gloves I've tried. It makes it a little tougher to get your hand all the way in at first until they get broken in. The wrist strap isn't an issue at all for me.

they look really nice, but i read a review before saying they were too hard for sparring?

they look really nice, but i read a review before saying they were too hard for sparring?

The padding is pretty thin. I was thinking about getting these until I tried them. Don't want to be too hard on my sparring partners :)

I've been using these gloves for about 6 months now. They feel great, have held up really well being used 6-7 hours a week for bag/pad/sparring work. Fit is great, support is fine. My one issue is actually the double strap. When we are doing partner pad work and have 30 seconds to switch pad holders between drills, getting the gloves on in time starts to be an issue. I usually just leave the first strap always velcrod, but as I'm putting my hand in the handwraps will get caught up in the elastic. The more times I take the gloves on and off, the worse it gets, as my wraps get more and more bunched up and loose every time. Buzzer will ring for the round to start, I'm still trying to get my gloves on, and coach is yelling at me to hurry up.

When I actually have time to fasten and unfasten both straps the wrist support feels great, but when it's time for a new pair of gloves, I probably wont be buying these again. It's been annoying enough that I've thought about buying a new pair anyway and keeping these as a backup pair.

I've been using these gloves for about 6 months now. They feel great, have held up really well being used 6-7 hours a week for bag/pad/sparring work. Fit is great, support is fine. My one issue is actually the double strap. When we are doing partner pad work and have 30 seconds to switch pad holders between drills, getting the gloves on in time starts to be an issue. I usually just leave the first strap always velcrod, but as I'm putting my hand in the handwraps will get caught up in the elastic. The more times I take the gloves on and off, the worse it gets, as my wraps get more and more bunched up and loose every time. Buzzer will ring for the round to start, I'm still trying to get my gloves on, and coach is yelling at me to hurry up.

When I actually have time to fasten and unfasten both straps the wrist support feels great, but when it's time for a new pair of gloves, I probably wont be buying these again. It's been annoying enough that I've thought about buying a new pair anyway and keeping these as a backup pair.

Agreed, I have this problem with the straps as well. I don't wear wraps though, so it's not as bad.

Back