Hayabusa 16oz sparring gloves

Temar241

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just got the hayabusa 16oz sparring gloves and i would just like to tell everyone that they KICK ASS. so if your in the market for new sparring gloves... yea. they rule.

Im putting this thread in because last week when i was looking for a review for these gloves i couldnt find ANYTHING on them. So this is for everyone out there thats wondering what i was wondering last week... will i regret spending $100 on these gloves...? will i be disapointed when i get them...? absolutely not. As soon as i opened the box and saw them i knew i made the right choice. Super solid construction... really good quality, really good materials. You can just tell wen you hold them in your hand. Also the double strap closure system, or watever the hell they call it, is awesome too. keeps your wrist really nice and snug, i probably wont even wrap my hands with them... but thats just me.

But anyway... if your in the market for top quality professional sparring gloves, you wont be disapointed with these.

p.s. safety first... wrap your hands

A friend of mine got these as a gift for me from Budovideos, and they just arrived today. I'll post a formal review after I've trained in them for a few weeks.

First impressions are similar to the TS. The wrist support is awesome with the dual velcro cross strap system. I will be wearing handwraps though as always, but I get what he meant. They are very snug around the wrists and provide great support even without wraps. The fit of the gloves is quite comfortable off the bat, but they'll probably need some breaking in. The quality is comparable to the top Thai brands, and the gloves look as sweet as in the pics.

Here's some pics of them straight out of the box
snc15636fe5.jpg

snc15640fs4.jpg
snc15641er4.jpg

snc15642gr8.jpg
snc15643fo2.jpg

Those are really nice, I might have to give them a try/.

very nice. are you gonna use them for sparring or pad and bag work? I want to know how they hold up to pad and bag work as that is what i will e doing more than sparring right now.

I'm gonna be using them exclusively for sparring. The padding is nice and thick around the knuckles, so it should be good for that. I already have another pair of gloves (CSI Thai-style from www.cagesidemma.com) on the way that I'll be using for bag and pad work. I'll post a full review after training in them to let you guys know how they work out.

love hayabusa gear I might have to get me a pair of these to add to the collection, dont know whether to get white or black. Tell us how the white holds up after some use.

wow those look really nice but what's up with that double velcro from the pictures it looks like the strap with the white piping is just for show. the only way i could see it being functional is if goes through the cuff from the other side them wrap around the back. but that's hard to tell from the pictures.

mike - www.gorillagear.ca

wow those look really nice but what's up with that double velcro from the pictures it looks like the strap with the white piping is just for show. the only way i could see it being functional is if goes through the cuff from the other side them wrap around the back. but that's hard to tell from the pictures.

mike - www.gorillagear.ca

It ain't for show, man. It actually connects to an elastic cuff inside the glove that goes around your wrist, so when you pull it the cuff gets nice and tight and provides great wrist support.

Check out my thread on these gloves for more pics with the gloves on:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=769807

A friend of mine got these as a gift for me from Budovideos, and they just arrived today. I'll post a formal review after I've trained in them for a few weeks.

First impressions are similar to the TS. The wrist support is awesome with the dual velcro cross strap system. I will be wearing handwraps though as always, but I get what he meant. They are very snug around the wrists and provide great support even without wraps. The fit of the gloves is quite comfortable off the bat, but they'll probably need some breaking in. The quality is comparable to the top Thai brands, and the gloves look as sweet as in the pics.

yea i was a little over excited i definately wrap my hands lol

Temar241: how are your gloves holding up so far? You've had yours longer than I've had mine, and I really haven't gotten to use them as much as I'd want because I'm also breaking in some other gloves.

What's the good word? I'm shopping for a new pair of sparring gloves, as we speak.

Back