Hawaii [Tourist Attractions]

humuhumunukunukuāpuaʻa is the National Fish of Hawaii if you didn't know.

220px-Reef_Triggerfish_1.JPG

awesome.

ain't got nothing but love for Hawaii. definitely the hottest chicks in the US to me at least.

it's like the exact opposite of this here concrete jungle & I have to visit soon.

I don't want you guys to get the wrong idea about people in Hawaii. Most people really do embody the aloha spirit. We call strangers aunty and uncle and we say hello to strangers with a smile at times. Its not like we the people of hawaii are a bunch of bullies, far from it. Their are hooligans that act stupid and make every else look bad, thats it.

what hawaii is like in a comedic way obviously. To be fair no one that isn't from Hawaii will understand that video.

lol, that video made no sense to me.

awesome.

ain't got nothing but love for Hawaii. definitely the hottest chicks in the US to me at least.

it's like the exact opposite of this here concrete jungle & I have to visit soon.

royalty-free-shaka-clipart-illustration-1071764.jpg

Appreciate it bro. Positive Vibes all day.

i definitely recommend going to the top of mauna kea as well. i was in the astronomy club while going to school at the university of hawai'i at hilo, and we went to mauna kea pretty frequently. really amazing place, and i saw the most amazing meteor shower i've ever seen (and probably ever will see) there.

i definitely recommend going to the top of mauna kea as well. i was in the astronomy club while going to school at the university of hawai'i at hilo, and we went to mauna kea pretty frequently. really amazing place, and i saw the most amazing meteor shower i've ever seen (and probably ever will see) there.

Chee boi lol

Yes indeed man.

Kailua Beach on Oahu for fishing and swiming and then after head to island snow for some shave ice.

Go to Kaneohe and pick up some poke from the local fish markets good times.

How many times have you been to Oahu?

And for Anyone else reading this thread if you want to hit the clubs go to Oahu in the heart of Honolulu.

Hi Brah,

Been to Oahu 5 times, Big Island once. Dated girl who lived in Kailua but moved to SoCal. Yes, Kailua is nice. Own some property in Kapolei and Waikiki. Been too busy with work and other things to go there more often. One day, I'd like to move there, or spend a good part of the year there.

First time I went to Oahu, I asked my friend, who lived there, where to visit. He gave me a long list of places.

I forgot to add on my list:
Leonard's for Malasadas.
Rainbows for local grind.
Seed stores (need my dried cuttlefish/squid and fruits)

What part of Hawaii do you live?

Hi Brah,

Been to Oahu 5 times, Big Island once. Dated girl who lived in Kailua but moved to SoCal. Yes, Kailua is nice. Own some property in Kapolei and Waikiki. Been too busy with work and other things to go there more often. One day, I'd like to move there, or spend a good part of the year there.

First time I went to Oahu, I asked my friend, who lived there, where to visit. He gave me a long list of places.

I forgot to add on my list:
Leonard's for Malasadas.
Rainbows for local grind.

What part of Hawaii do you live?

Big Island. I grew up in Kailua though. I remember fishing all the time and after hopping in the back of my grandpa's pickup truck wrapped in towel with sand stuck all over my shorts and slippers as I walked into island snow and ordered shave ice with ice cream on the bottom. I miss those days, I had a decent childhood :icon_chee

Is Leonards that food truck that was in front of times supermarket? I wonder if times is still there.

Last edited:
Well I guess I'll keep this thread roll if even in a sarcastic way. If you ever go to Oahu with your Kids and you have the strange urge to ice skate check out ice palace.

http://icepalacehawaii.com/

Ice_Palace.jpg

If you're in Hilo and you're hungry for mexican food check out Lucy's Taqueria.

Best Mexican food in Hilo the other place Blaine's is overrated and expensive for what you get went there with a girl a couple years ago, never again. lol

Anyways lucys has huge portions of food, its usually a challenge to finish eating a single burrito at that restaurant. http://lucystaqueria.com/

Fair warning they blast mariachi music the entire you are in there.

Well I'm done for now. Later guys take it easy.

Big Island. I grew up in Kailua though. I remember fishing all the time and after hopping in the back of my grandpa's pickup truck wrapped in towel with sand stuck all over my shorts and slippers as I walked into island snow and ordered shave ice with ice cream on the bottom. I miss those days, I had a decent childhood :icon_chee

Is Leonards that food truck that was in front of times supermarket? I wonder if times is still there.

Leonard's is a bakery near Waikiki. I don't think they have a food truck. Where is a good place to fish in Kailua? What did you catch? Next time I'm there, I'd like to give it a try.

When I went to the Big Island, some local caught some awesome fish with a castnet. I don't know the name of the fish. He was very nice and gave me a fish. I brought it over to a local place, and the owners steam it for me Chinese style with ginger/scallions. It was delicious.

Leonard's is a bakery near Waikiki. I don't think they have a food truck. Where is a good place to fish in Kailua? What did you catch? Next time I'm there, I'd like to give it a try.

When I went to the Big Island, some local caught some awesome fish with a castnet. I don't know the name of the fish. He was very nice and gave me a fish. I brought it over to a local place, and the owners steam it for me Chinese style with ginger/scallions. It was delicious.

Not really sure to be honest lol

Regarding fish I like to eat Ono the fish not the phrase and Mahi Mahi are solid fresh catches you can get at local fish markets. Pahoa actually has a really good fish and chips place right now. I'd imagine the steamed fish was Mahi Mahi but that is just my guess, I've had a dish similar to that at a thai resturant at a Korean restaurant.

Lost, which island has the best night life?

Oahu. No, question. Honolulu is party central man, lots and lots of beautiful women, its also the state captial so its where most of the wealth is thus partying. The island I live on is relatively quite unless you want to go to raves but that is not my scene, I'd rather not get stabbed by a meth needle lol. The Big Island is country, Kauai is country, Maui I can't say I'm positive about it entirely.

Last edited:
lived in Honolulu for 4 years while in the Air Force. I would love to live there now if I could get a job that pays enough money. I also love the Hawaii time zone especially for UFC PPV's. I now live in Ohio which is terrible for watching the UFC PPV's as they end close to 1 am. Also Hawaii weather is the best

lived in Honolulu for 4 years while in the Air Force. I would love to live there now if I could get a job that pays enough money. I also love the Hawaii time zone especially for UFC PPV's. I now live in Ohio which is terrible for watching the UFC PPV's as they end close to 1 am. Also Hawaii weather is the best

Definitely agree with you there. I love watch all the card all the way through before midnight and yeah, its extremely expensive to live in honolulu now.

Not really sure to be honest lol

Regarding fish I like to eat Ono the fish not the phrase and Mahi Mahi are solid fresh catches you can get at local fish markets. Pahoa actually has a really good fish and chips place right now. I'd imagine the steamed fish was Mahi Mahi but that is just my guess, I've had a dish similar to that at a thai resturant at a Korean restaurant.

It was some sort of fish that this local dude caught with a cast net from shore. Maybe some reef fish. I didn't recognize it. It definitely wasn't mahi mahi. I know what those look like. He told me that he waited until the tide was right, and threw out this cast net.

Definitely agree with you there. I love watch all the card all the way through before midnight and yeah, its extremely expensive to live in honolulu now.

That's why so many islanders have moved to Las Vegas.

Back