have you ever used bjj in a real fight?

one time a while ago in highschool this big fat dude stole some stuff from my brother. when I confronted him about it he talked shit at first. saying he didn't know what I was talking about, blah blah blah. later I see him yelling in my little bros face. I said something and he turned and pushed me but I grabbed his head with my left arm and threw some dirty boxing uppercuts with my right. And for some reason, idk why; I did a flying body triangle takedown which put him on his back while I was above him punching his face til the security guys stopped it. It was my first fight since middleschool. I had some training by this point, but I just reacted on instinct

on two different occasions choked people with there sweat shirt. So if need be there pretty strong :icon_lol:

Been in a couple. One thing I found is that most people are oblivious to the clinch. Both fights I was easily able to get the clinch and takedown. Which goes without saying,once it hit the ground they were a fish out of water.

I try and avoid all confrontations but I put a friend to sleep when he started acting a big man to another friend who had done nothing wrong. Just told him to stop acting a fool once he was awake.

did you try telling him that BEFORE you choked his ass out? lol.

Unfortunately when I go out drinking with my buddies at least one of them will challenge me at some point. It can become a bit of a pain in the ass.

As a bouncer all the time RNC's, kimuras, and lots of wrestling

Used it a lot. Most recently, I tripped a guy and neon bellied him in a bar. No punching or any other force was needed, it was probably the first time anyone had ever put their knee on his stomach.

Some years ago, I was riding the subway in Seoul and missed the 'switch' station. This is where everyone has to get out and change trains. I wasn't familiar with the subway lines at that point so I just sat there wondering why only me and two homeless bums were the only ones left on the train. These bums ride the subway all day long because Seould is friggin' freezing in winter with a lot of snow on the ground at times but the trains are kept nicely warmed. It's a good way to keep out of the cold for them and they can ride all day long for only about 50 cents as long as they go around the loop circuit and get off at the station they got on.

One of the bums - the younger of the two - started cussing at me for no apparent reason. Maybe I had been staring at him a bit. Anyway, in order not to provoke the situation further, I got up and walked down to the far end of the carriage. The older bum - probably in his late 50's - started reprimanding the younger bum for his insolence towards me and they came to arguing. If you know anything about Korean men, you'll know that they can argue something fierce and this started to escalate quickly. Younger Bum the proceeded to get up and got up and gave the older guy a good whack around on the head. Older Bum got up and staggered down the carriage towards me with the younger guy following and continuing to yell.

I was a bit wary as they passed me and also feeling somewhat responsible for the altercation, especially since it seemed that the older guy had actually kind of stuck up for me and was now getting into trouble for his efforts. I felt that I should do something but... I just didn't want to get involved with the situation. The two bums passed into the next carriage as the train continued on, doing it's loop or whatever it does to get ready to go back the reverse direction.

After they passed into the next carriage, I got up off my seat and peered through the glass window the separates the carriages and saw the Younger Bum standing over the older guy and punching him, with the older guy in the fetal position. I quickly decided to go and break it up.

Now, this was back in 2007 before I had actually done any BJJ training. I was only just getting interested in BJJ due to watching UFC 1-5 just some months previous had downloaded and memorized a few basic techniques on those really early Gracie video tapes. So, I clinched the guy and did the Tani Otoshi (valley drop takedown) then mounted the guy, yelling at him from mount "Haji mara!" (Stop it!) The older bum gets up and started soccer kicking Younger Bum in the head with his dress shoes. They were actually quite good shoes for a bum. I started telling the older guy "haji mara" too.

Now I didn't quite know what to do since Younger Bum didn't quite deserve the soccer kicks in the head so I let him up. He promptly started hitting Older Bum again so I did another Tani Otoshi and I think I mounted him again. So, there I was, telling both these guys 'Haji Mara!" when suddenly the train stopped and all the doors opened. I dismounted younger bum - I figured they wouldn't keep fighting with all the people around - and got off the train as people started filing in. There were two young police officers standing on the platform just about to get on the train so I said to them, "Du saram sawassoyo" (Two guys fought) and pointed into the train. I guess they had CCTV on the train or something or maybe it was just coincidence. Anyway, they didn't stop me. I just left and they got on the train. And that was that.

TLDR: Tani Otoshi-ed a bum on the train.

I got confronted by two guys. I took the first guy down with a double leg and mounted him. Whilst going for an ezekiel, his mate kicked me in the head and knocked me unconscious. When I woke up in hospital I found they'd nicked my wallet. But on the plus side I got 6 points for the take-down and mount.

I got confronted by two guys. I took the first guy down with a double leg and mounted him. Whilst going for an ezekiel, his mate kicked me in the head and knocked me unconscious. When I woke up in hospital I found they'd nicked my wallet. But on the plus side I got 6 points for the take-down and mount.

I got this far and was like "noooooooooooooo". :p

I got this far and was like "noooooooooooooo". :p

No need to worry though because it was just a pack of lies used to shoe-horn in a weak dig at how irrelevant to self-defence the sports BJJ scoring system is .

Back