Have you ever tried Chinese "Hot Pot?"

We do it at home about once every 2 months on average. More often in the winter.

Hell yeah ! Hot pot is the shit .
Place by my house has that option or you can get a mini charcoal grill to cook on. It's all you can eat and they have sides you can order with that deal , usually get the cheese corn .
It's a cool way to try a buncha different stuff at once .
Wtf is cheese corn and why does it sound so delicious? Lol

We do it at home about once every 2 months on average. More often in the winter.
What is your hotpot liquid starting point? Sounds like a great starting point, never saw a restaurant my way that offers "hotpot".

Wtf is cheese corn and why does it sound so delicious? Lol
It's as the name suggests haha. Just corn and a melty cheese like moz, sometimes cooked in the drippings from meat on the grill. You can also just make it in muffin tins and the oven.

It's as the name suggests haha. Just corn and a melty cheese like moz, sometimes cooked in the drippings from meat on the grill. You can also just make it in muffin tins and the oven.
Nice, I just made Mexican street corn on the grill the other day for me and my wife.

This will be the next thing on there, thanks sir.

What is your hotpot liquid starting point? Sounds like a great starting point, never saw a restaurant my way that offers "hotpot".
My wife usually uses one of those hot pot packets. You can find it at most Asian and especially Chinese supermarket. Once in a while she will use the more fancy one or do it herself.

Here's a pic of a typical hotpot at home. We often use Napa cabbage and/or baby bok choy as a veggie, but used spinach that day. Sometimes we include raw seafood to cook, but depends who is eating with us.

Pro tip. Use a disposable table cloth. Easier to just wrap up when you clean up.
AtWbSCf.jpeg

Nice, I just made Mexican street corn on the grill the other day for me and my wife.

This will be the next thing on there, thanks sir.
It's more of a texture over flavor kind of dish since there isn't really seasoning. But tweak to your own preferences.

I have tried Korean Hot pot which looks to be the same or similar to the pics/vids in the OP. To be honest i was not impressed. Its more of a novelty experience, then a cuisine. I much prefer Hibachi or a good Chinese Buffet with a big sushi selection ( yes i know sushi is japanese ) but in my area its very common for Chinese Buffets to have sushi.

My wife usually uses one of those hot pot packets. You can find it at most Asian and especially Chinese supermarket. Once in a while she will use the more fancy one or do it herself.

Here's a pic of a typical hotpot at home. We often use Napa cabbage and/or baby bok choy as a veggie, but used spinach that day. Sometimes we include raw seafood to cook, but depends who is eating with us.

Pro tip. Use a disposable table cloth. Easier to just wrap up when you clean up.
AtWbSCf.jpeg
Absolutely a primo answer, as well as that table setting. Thank You Very Much!

Yeah. There are a few good places by me.

A few years ago I got all the stuff to do it at home thinking it's be fun and we could save some money. Don't do it. There's so much prep work and not a lot of savings when all is said and done.

It's more of a texture over flavor kind of dish since there isn't really seasoning. But tweak to your own preferences.
I will try it with just a little salt and pepper first.
I will grill the corn first over wood.

I cook everything on wood so I will put the muffin pan over the coals once it has burned down sir.

Sounds like a good side for pork shoulder tbh.
I'll cook that on the grill first, maybe the day before.

Looks good but like fuck am I cooking my own meal, having paid for it. So no, never tried it - there's a place really close to my flat actually but never been tempted to go.

This. I'm not gonna go cook my own food. Also, seems a bit gross everyone just dipping there food and untensils in there over and over again. And you probably get people who have no idea how long to cook something so it is done properly but not overdone.

I will try it with just a little salt and pepper first.
I will grill the corn first over wood.

I cook everything on wood so I will put the muffin pan over the coals once it has burned down sir.

Sounds like a good side for pork shoulder tbh.
I'll cook that on the grill first, maybe the day before.
Yeah to be honest, since it's not on the cob, most restaurants will just use canned corn. MSG/broth/dashi are also other flavor options. Hope it turn out well, smoky sounds like a good addition.

I haven't but I would definitely try it since it looks good and I like chinese food. Although it's the americanized version that I enjoy

Yeah to be honest, since it's not on the cob, most restaurants will just use canned corn. MSG/broth/dashi are also other flavor options. Hope it turn out well, smoky sounds like a good addition.
Might do it tomorrow as I am curious lol.
Canned corn is for emergencies and winter only lol.

I have a farm near my house where I get ears for like 50 cents a piece so its worth the ride tbf.

And the meatballs are so freakin' good. They bounce off the table like ping pong balls and squirts in your mouth.
<{anton}>
I bet you like balls that squirt in your mouth.

I can't believe nobody else is caught this.

That Mala hot pot is way too spicy for me to enjoy.

Fuck that. I don’t do fondue either. If I’m out paying for a meal I want it prepared for me. I can do that other shit at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old Scratch
Back