Have you ever ben choked the F out?

My first loss in competition rendered me unconscious. I woke up about 20 seconds later. So I'm told anyway.

A few times.

First time a guy locked in a triangle and I was new. Didn't know how to really defend it properly. Stood up to kinda slam him a little and break the hold. All of the sudden there is me runnin in the dark toward a finish line. I trip while I'm running and hit my face. I wake up stiff as a board and with a pretty good headache. Needless to say, I learned to defend triangles fast haha.

I used to take a lot of Ecstasy and psychedelics as well. I'd be rolling my ass off on some good pills and have someone rnc me to sleep and when I would wake up I'd be completely blasted out of my mind. Prolly why I'm not to worked up in a situation where I'm being choked.

Everyone should DEFINITELY either be choked out or watch someone being choked out if they roll frequently, so you know to not freak out when the dude you're rolling with goes limp. Great feeling, but also a little scary.

I was passing a guard, got caught in a loop choke when I wasn't paying attention. I didn't think it was tight and thought I could get my head out; then I was on my back and I immediately pulled my opponent into half guard... I noticed he wasn't fighting back and I asked him "Wait, why aren't you fighting?"

He laughed. I honestly just thought I got swept while passing.

Nope, and I am extremely cocky when it comes to chokes, and sometimes let them sink in, I do think I will have my number punched soon though.

Just once in class but it was actually on purpose. Every once in awhile my instructor will do a drill where everyone goes to sleep. He wants people to know what if feels like and how far you can actually go before you get to the nighty night point. When that tunnel closes in and you see the red dots, stars, etc. It's all very controlled though. You sit back into your partners lap and he applies a RNC. You keep one arm raised and kind of wait. You can either tap if you are uncomfortable or start freaking out or you can slowly go out, at which point your arm drops and your partner stops the choke. That's the only time for me though.

I have never been chocked out but at my last competition I seen a guy get chocked out and he was out for about three minutes, it was kinda messed up.

yup, once we and a few friends were at a party in the country and it turned into a submission comp,

this was before i knew anything about wrestling, anyhow there was about 6 of us each wrestled someone close to their build. I was put up against a good friend of mine i beat him the first time and he wanted a rematch which i agreed to lol i remember anther friend grabbing me and telling me dont you tap out Jeff dont tap out, trying to pump me up.

we rolled on the ground for abit then he got full mount and had his hands around my neck. yea serial killer style. my arms pinned under his legs i couldnt do anything and i refused to tap.

i woke up 10 seconds later and was handed a beer =)

i allowed a 13yr old to apply a clean RNC in front of my relatives, im 22. i forgot about the part where being physically stronger won't save you from a well applied choke.

... yeah, im still butthurt about it. T.T

Last edited:
funny reading some of these

ive been choked out once. it was by a purple belt at my club i think it wasnt even full on sparring, just positional.

what i can remember is basically he had a hand in my collar i think i was trying to get it off and he cross choked me.

i usually always see and feel that im being choked and tap asap obviously, but as soon as he got it i started to feel REAAAAAAAAALLY sleepy lol

my senses started to dim, and i felt like i was in a big warm bed it was just really comfortable and happy lol. i wasnt OUT though, i kinda knew i was still at bjj at the same time, but i didnt give a fuck i just wanted to close my eyes and sleep.

i rolled over and he let go right away. and i woke up in his lap with him trying not to laugh and he explained to me i was going out and i apologised for not tapping because i didnt even realise and got up and got back in the queue for more sparring.

i get to the front of the queue and guess who i had to spar with again lol i told him 'ill try not to fall asleep this time'.

after the class i asked him if he could explain what happened to me, and he told me exactly what i remembered, assured me i wasnt out for a long time or spazzing out or anything.

i think because he had such a good choke it hit me the instant he grabbed me. now i know how fast a choke can really hit you, and also that feeling of need to tap getting drowned out by happy feelings when your half concious.

so i am much more careful with putting chokes on other people if i cant see their face properly in case they are half out. i had never passed out before my whole life so it was quite an experience.

theres also the story of my friend that trains mma he was showing another guy how to do some chokes at a party. then the other guy stood up and punched my friend, and passed out (he was still light headed from the chokes i guess).

after that he became known as the guy that was SO HARD THAT IF YOU PUNCH HIM, YOU GET KNOCKED OUT lol

Back