Have you ever ben choked the F out?

codemonkey76

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Last night, for the first time ever, I got choked out cold.

I got caught in an arm triangle, and attempted the escape where you bring your arm above your head elbow to the floor and circle under their head. Then I woke up, so it must not have worked :p

It was an unusual feeling. I was having a dream and i was trying to wake up because i was scared i was gonna be late for jiu-jitsu, and i think me thrashing around in my dream, the guy choking me thought i was fighting it. When I came to, i did not know i had been out, and double legged him to the ground quite easily, all the while him telling me to stop cos i was out, apparently i was out for a good 5 seconds, and then woke up and tackled him, lol.

Have you ever been choked out, if so, give the story, and what happened while you were out, lost time, dreams, whatever?

Twice.

First time, I was just doing my first roll of training for mundials, rolling with a bigger and more experienced opponent. I tried to pull half, and ended up pulling mount, gave up my back and...made a foolish error. The instructor, Felipe, was basically laughing at me for starting so badly, and I decided to flip him off. Unfortunately, one hand is not enough to defend a tight rear naked, so I went out whilst flipping off my instructor.

Hard to live that one down. @_@

That was a proper dream, not quite sure what's going on, where am I kind of choked out. Don't remember what it was about though. Ahem.

I also blacked out once from a straight up collar choke from guard with a guy who had a monstrous grip. I don't remember any dreams, I just woke up, slowly realised I'd been choked out, and carried on in his guard.

Luckily, still only those two. ^_^

Not a lot of fun, but hey. Everyone should try it once. ^_-

Take care,

Oli

I dont want to hear how stupid I am...

Anyway I once had my ex wife choke me out with a rnc. I wanted to know how it felt and I told her I would hold my arm up in the air, when it dropped let go.

She said I was out for about 5 seconds too. It felt like a head rush then darkness....

*** edit***

This was BEFORE she was the ex btw!

I've been out from a triangle choke. Thought I could stack and pass, but nope. It was tight and I was dumb. I remember my hearing fading away, and then the vision going, and then I woke up with the skin on my face feeling extremely itchy.

Them's the breaks.

I dont want to hear how stupid I am...

Anyway I once had my ex wife choke me out with a rnc. I wanted to know how it felt and I told her I would hold my arm up in the air, when it dropped let go.

She said I was out for about 5 seconds too. It felt like a head rush then darkness....

*** edit***

This was BEFORE she was the ex btw!
did she draw a mustache on you or write something on your forehead?

Never gone out in training, only close calls. But outside of training, when you get drunk and train BJJ, you become curious what going out feels like. I taught my friend the RNC real quick, he squeezed and 7 seconds later I was at a concert with my uncle... Then I woke up in my friends arms with him laughing at me.

I been out a couple times....

The very first time was the funniest though, it was in judo class a few years back, I was turtled and my partner did a rolling bow and arrow, and i was out QUICK.

The funny thing is, I remember having a dream and it seemed long, and then when I woke up, my sensei was standing over me giggling, and I thought to myself "WTF is my judo teacher doing in my house?". I really thought I woke up in my bed, it took me a few seconds to realize I was on the mat.

Another time I had a really weird experience. I was in bottom half guard and my partner was working a tight lapel choke, and I said to myself DONT TAP GET OUT. Anyway, I felt it getting tighter and tighter, and then I thought, Fuck I am going out.... but I did not tap, and my partner kept holding it, and I felt myself going to sleep and I could not move my body...but my mind was still acting, like I knew i was in the choke still....and then I came to my senses and had a burst of energy and swept him. I am pretty sure I was asleep because I felt my body totally relaxed and I couldnt move. Was really weird.

Tonight myself and a friend wanted to see if the matt hughes choke could put us out quick...it put me out quick lol.

Yeah, I've gone out cold a few times. The second time I was a white belt rolling with a brown belt. The guy put on some type of gi choke that was so clean, I did not even feel like I was getting choked. Next Thing you know I'm having a dream about watching a chuck Liddell fight. When I woke up I was face down on the mat drooling.

like 3 times. i like the feeling... its cool now. not when i have a stroke later though

I'm a little over a year into my blue belt and I've managed to make it without being choked out yet. Knock on wood. I think the first time I go out will probably be someday when someone puts a good, quick choke on me in a competition because I don't plan to tap to a choke in competition if I think I have any chance of escaping.

Lost a prop bet and as the price a friend got to choke me out, honestly don't even remember going out or waking up, very slightly lightheaded, they all said I just went "floppy" for 2-3seconds, so I had a new nickname for a few weeks.

Once when I first started to train, it was from an ezikeil while in someones guard, went out and dreaming about falling off a mountain. When I woke up was when i hit the mat from falling.

Once. I got up super wobbly, and felt sick, and it was really blurry. then like that i was back

I had a heavy white belt sink a gi choke. That made me just slip away to sleep, when I woke up I had no idea where I was.

The closest I ever came was from a clock choke, and I kept trying to tap but I was still circling while I was doing it, so he was following me, I was probably no more than a second away from being out.

I've never been choked out, yet. I've choked out two people and I've seen a couple others get it pretty good.

Back