Have to switch to a 10th planet school, why is it advised against?

I spent some time at a 10th Planet school and enjoyed it. I still use some of the techniques successfully my gi school and those who haven't experienced it don't see it coming a lot of times.

I'm not a BJJ guy but from what I do know 10th planet seems to be very different to TBJJ schools which is a good enough reason to train with then at least on a short term basis.

They aren't going to force you to smoke weed if you don't want to, all my friends smoke weed and some are hard drug dealers but I've never touched the stuff.

10thP has their own stuff which is outside the box. But, people overlook that they also have a philosophy of incorporating anything that works in no-gi competition.

So, you're not going to miss out on any standard no-gi BJJ techniques by going there.

Just to clarify, they do not wear the belts with rashguards. The belts are just symbols of the achievement...like a trophy you keep on the shelf.

Ah so they could dust off their belt, go to another school, and the other school would respect their rank?

Ah so they could dust off their belt, go to another school, and the other school would respect their rank?

It's a no-gi rank that's intended to be a no-gi rank. So, I don't think anyone would expect it to transfer over to gi schools.

10th planet may have it's faults, but it can't be that much worse than that worm guard/50/50/berimbolo shit going on everywhere else.

Exactly how I feel. 10th planet have produced some really good guys, give it a go. It'll be a lot better than not training at all.

Back