Have Joe Warren removed from RIZIN's broadcast tonight!

it's just kind of ironic you guys are ok with people getting knocked out and bones broken, but you get your panties in a bunch over a dumb, harmless joke.

People tuned into a sporting event not a guy making stupid pedo jokes that aren't funny.

I'm on,the bus right now and Joe Warren is sitting chatting it up with Millen on the way to Saitama Arena.

517319.jpg

I'm on,the bus right now and Joe Warren is sitting chatting it up with Millen on the way to Saitama Arena.

Gary bless. Gracing us with world class commentators since Damon "The Dog" Perry.

Edit: Also if you find the time after the GP it'ld be awesome if you could ask Baruto why he chooses to hang out with Shoji instead of training MMA at a more "established" camp, if you can find a polite way of doing so. Im interested in the thought process behind that.

Yeah, he kinda stinks bad as a commentator.

You know, Heath lost, so maybe he'll slide back into the commentator seat.

Gary bless. Gracing us with world class commentators since Damon "The Dog" Perry.

Edit: Also if you find the time after the GP it'ld be awesome if you could ask Baruto why he chooses to hang out with Shoji instead of training MMA at a more "established" camp, if you can find a polite way of doing so. Im interested in the thought process behind that.

Baruto is elusive. I hang with Mo, Amir, Andy, Gabi and Cyborg. The rest are elsewhere. Haven't really interacted.

(Mo gets knocked out)

Warren- "mo got robbed. I think he should've won this fight"
"Cro cop is tired. His mouth is open".

You can't be serious. That was the most biased commentary I've ever heard. He might as well have been mo's corner man with a mic in front of him. Watch the fight again. Mo lands almost nothing from the top. All deflected.

I'll havent rewatch but I just remember him saying that Mo had been winning (I agree) but crocop and his power changed everything with one or two shots (I agree). If you pop on a transcript or something I'd be happy to change my mind, but I really can't be bothered to rewatch he fight for the sake of the commentary.

FYI I didn't see he walk ins and if he was making stupid paedo jokes as people have mentioned then yes he should be reprimanded for it.

Joe did a great job tonight

He even admited he was biased towards wrestlers and didn't really care about it which was great to hear since there is nothing more I hate than assholes who are biased but try to come off as objective (Like most commentators)

Great Job Joe !

I feel like he added to the production in so many ways and people here just don't get that, they just don't get it but deep down inside they know that they had a better time watching RIZIN tonight because of Joe's awesome commentating

I hope next RIZIN event we get wanderlei Silva or Krazy Horse as commentators those guys could even comment on each other's fights!

Joe Warren is so punch drunk he couldn't tell the difference between a fighters left or right punch he was always wrong.

Joe's not a great commentator, but if they sacked him you fannies would just find something else to be offended about.

Warren was much more subdued for the final round. Having Heath to balance out everything certainly helped, but I'm pretty sure I heard the producer say that Warren was "really loud" or to tone it down or something.

No way! He has the best quote of all times now!

"to all those fans at home, that 10 min round is twice as long as the 5 min round" - Joe "words of wisdom" Warren

give credit where credit is due - he was much, much better night 2. I agree, night 1 was awful, but night 2 from what i heard of him was pretty decent

2nd time round he was much better, and tbf he does seem quite knowledgeable about JMMA (though doesn't seem to know left from right weirdly, but that's ok). I hope they bring Herring back for next time though, he certainly brought fun to the commentary without being a try hard.

Baruto was training with Shoji (Pride Shoji)? I used to train with Shoji at AMC (Matt Hume's school). Glad to hear Shoji is still involved in MMA post-Pride if so.
Last I heard from my trainer Shoji had gained a lot of weight after retiring, so hopefully he's working that off and training again.
That said, Baruto will need an entirely different person to help his striking.
Shoji is very skilled at grappling, not so much for striking. The whole reason Shoji was training at AMC was to work on his striking.

Didn't hear the "little girl" comment others are talking about, but I thought he was pretty entertaining and fun. He was obviously biased over the action, but not in any secretive way, and he said as much during the bout with Amir vs that Fedor protege. Herring is one of the best fighter-commentators as an aside note.

Back