Have a question about One fc

Royce Greasy

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of people in forums all over the net complaining about UFC recently and how they are starting to prefer One, I've glossed over One events in the last couple years and saw they had fighters like Anatoly Malykhin and Reinier de ridder what I don't understand is that looking at the cards in the last few months all I see is like 8 out of 10 fights being Muay Thai matches and the 2 being mma. I thought One was an mma organization so why so little mma rules matches and 90% of the cards being MT
its strange and why not just become a MT or KB organization like K1 because people talk as if its an mma promotion that can compete with UFC but that doesn't seem to be the case and I personally never cared for One but always thought of it as mma but now see it as a MT league.

They have nearly weekly Friday morning cards. For whatever reason it is, those cards are the ones that are muay thai heavy. Those are usually streamed on YouTube for free.

Their bigger cards are the ones streamed on Amazon Prime. Those have more variety than the free Friday morning cards, however they don't feature a lot of MMA fights either.

Most folks just like hating on the UFC. A lot of them couldn't namedrop more than 4 ONE fighters. I'm not defending the UFC as I've cooled down on my interest in their events, but it's what seems likely.

Last edited:
ONE is going down hill, fast
Last event only had one 50K bonus given out, something to keep an eye out. Maybe the money is running low. But in typical Chatri fashion, he might be saving the money to give a bonus to everyone on the American cards to show how amazing he is doing and how generous he is

They have nearly weekly Friday morning cards. For whatever reason it is, those cards are the ones that are muay thai heavy. Those are usually streamed on YouTube for free.

Their bigger cards are the ones streamed on Amazon Prime. Those have more variety than the free Friday morning cards, however they don't feature a lot of MMA fights either.

Most folks just like hating on the UFC. A lot of them couldn't namedrop more than 4 ONE fighters. I'm not defending the UFC as I've cooled down on my interest in their events, but it's what seems likely.
The only thing I disagree with you about is people hating on UFC, I've never seen more loyal fans to the point of gayness for a brand than the modern casual UFC hipster fan they shit on everything not UFC and legends from Pride and even older UFC legends that they don't know about because they're noobs that began watching in 2010 and beyond, they also buy the overpriced UFC cards at like $90 which is insane to me so no they're aren't people going around hating on the UFC not even close. They're are plenty hating on PFL and other orgs and Bellator before it was bought out because anything not UFC is inferior.

The only thing I disagree with you about is people hating on UFC, I've never seen more loyal fans to the point of gayness for a brand than the modern casual UFC hipster fan they shit on everything not UFC and legends from Pride and even older UFC legends that they don't know about because they're noobs that began watching in 2010 and beyond, they also buy the overpriced UFC cards at like $90 which is insane to me so no they're aren't people going around hating on the UFC not even close. They're are plenty hating on PFL and other orgs and Bellator before it was bought out because anything not UFC is inferior.
Two things can be true at the same time. Like saying there are no haters because of fanboys is really silly. Both factions exist and the anti UFC crowd endorses products that the pro UFC crowd diminishes. He’s correct you’re just basically giving him a perfect demonstration from that side of the equation. The fact that you felt compelled to argue his point says it all. You’re both right you just are being dismissive of two sides existing while he addressed something real that you didn’t like “but but but the fanboys and haters of other others means this doesn’t exists”…….. huh!! He didn’t dismiss the other side.

That being said I woukd watch RIZIN or KSW or something else if MMA is what you seek and not MT/KB or mixed rules. ONE is struggling with MMA and a lot of the talent is speaking out against them (and leaving) also MM seems to have little desire to fight there again it seems. ONE seems to be falling behind other orgs substantially when it comes to being an MMA product.

Two things can be true at the same time. Like saying there are no haters because of fanboys is really silly. Both factions exist and the anti UFC crowd endorses products that the pro UFC crowd diminishes. He’s correct you’re just basically giving him a perfect demonstration from that side of the equation. The fact that you felt compelled to argue his point says it all. You’re both right you just are being dismissive of two sides existing while he addressed something real that you didn’t like “but but but the fanboys and haters of other others means this doesn’t exists”…….. huh!! He didn’t dismiss the other side.

That being said I woukd watch RIZIN or KSW or something else if MMA is what you seek and not MT/KB or mixed rules. ONE is struggling with MMA and a lot of the talent is speaking out against them (and leaving) also MM seems to have little desire to fight there again it seems. ONE seems to be falling behind other orgs substantially when it comes to being an MMA product.
MM is calling out Pantoja..... It's obvious that MMA in ONE is basically a dead product.

I honestly don't know anyone who hates UFC or prefers other orgs, maybe there is but I mostly see UFC fans only and people crapping on other orgs just what I notice.

Lots of people believe the press that ONE was putting out selling the idea that they were bigger than UFC and that the youth of America were just discovering this wondrous Asia product. Being on Amazon helped sell the idea but as money was short and Chatri kept adding new belts in bjj and he was so proud to get in Thailand MT that no money was left for the sport that was making them grow MMA. Now they need new financing fast.

Last edited:
I've heard a lot of people in forums all over the net complaining about UFC recently and how they are starting to prefer One, I've glossed over One events in the last couple years and saw they had fighters like Anatoly Malykhin and Reinier de ridder what I don't understand is that looking at the cards in the last few months all I see is like 8 out of 10 fights being Muay Thai matches and the 2 being mma. I thought One was an mma organization so why so little mma rules matches and 90% of the cards being MT
its strange and why not just become a MT or KB organization like K1 because people talk as if its an mma promotion that can compete with UFC but that doesn't seem to be the case and I personally never cared for One but always thought of it as mma but now see it as a MT league.
You're right in that it tends to feature more MT. It still has MMA. Demetrius Johnson, Stamp Fairtex and others have done MMA fights with ONE. I enjoy watching it. We have a lot of fun during the play by play discussion threads here. Tough to speculate much on why an organization does what it does. Maybe they keep MMA in order to bring viewers into loving MT?

I got bored of ONE. Really only interested in MMA... Bugs me watching even more limited rule-sets.

<Neil01>

But hey, like everything in life enjoy what you enjoy and don't fret others opinions or narratives.
This is how I feel.

Their MMA fights usually deliver, but they're so little that I don't bother, specially if there's other MMA events on at the same time.

I would personally prefer it if they just put all of their muay thai and kickboxing matches on the weekly Friday morning cards and just left their Amazon Prime cards with MMA.

They could also put the grappling fights on a card by itself.

Last edited:
Random thing but why do they put those random two mma bouts on the Friday morning cards? It’s not to build prospects since barely anyone gets signed off them, I think only one mma person has ever been. It’s not like people will tune in just for the mma since it’s usually random people off the Russian or Asian regionals

Would be awesome to see MM return to the UFC
He has not done any Fly weight since leaving UFC and says he will not again. And as Bantam he is not the best, like he is at Fly weight. So I do not see MM ever returning to the UFC unless Saudi money is involved.

Random thing but why do they put those random two mma bouts on the Friday morning cards? It’s not to build prospects since barely anyone gets signed off them, I think only one mma person has ever been. It’s not like people will tune in just for the mma since it’s usually random people off the Russian or Asian regionals

Are Asian people going to tune in to see Danish or Canadian people fight? Not sure what you meant by this.

They put those fights there for variety, and maybe to condition the Thai audience to MMA more.

I think the morning cards are better than the all Muay Thai one. Feels less monotone.

One has MT, kickboxing, grappling and MMA. They put on great cards with better MMa rule sets. The knee to grounded opponent threat really changes the dynamics of grappling exchanges, there’s less “control” and a lot more scrambles. Also (unpopular opinion), rings are better than cages for MMA, with the ropes it’s harder to wall and stall. The Friday morning cards are mainly MT, the Friday night cards are more MMa and grappling heavy.

It is true that most fans couldn’t name many One fighters, but that just because 90% of them have completely unpronounceable names <lol>

One has MT, kickboxing, grappling and MMA. They put on great cards with better MMa rule sets. The knee to grounded opponent threat really changes the dynamics of grappling exchanges, there’s less “control” and a lot more scrambles. Also (unpopular opinion), rings are better than cages for MMA, with the ropes it’s harder to wall and stall. The Friday morning cards are mainly MT, the Friday night cards are more MMa and grappling heavy.

It is true that most fans couldn’t name many One fighters, but that just because 90% of them have completely unpronounceable names <lol>
Rings are in no way better than a cage. I've seen too many fights on the ground end up outside the Ring. I do think MMA did not give the pit enough time as fighters were just not used to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back