Hatton Malignaggi looking set for November

Darth Tater

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Ricky Hatton's next fight will be against Paulie Malignaggi for the IBO and IBF light-welterweight titles, reports BBC Radio Merseyside.

Hatton's manager Ray Hatton said a deal has been agreed with the American, who beat Lovemore N'dou on the undercard of Hatton's recent win over Juan Lazcano.

"We did the deal before the last fight. Malignaggi had to win and he did but he broke his hand," said Ray Hatton.

"The fight's likely to be in November. Where, we don't know at the moment."

Malignaggi beat N'Dou on a split points decision to retain his IBF light-welterweight title, and Hatton Sr said he did not think the American's hand injury would be much of a problem.

"Once they've fought, they have about eight weeks off," he said.

"By the time Malignaggi goes back in training the injury will be alright - it happens in a lot of cases."

He also revealed that following the fight he received a call from Floyd Mayweather's handlers.

"On the Sunday I was out with my grandson and we get a phone call from Floyd Mayweather's people congratulating us on a great job done, a tricky fight out of the way.

"That was a call out of the blue, which is very, very nice that less than 24 hours after the fight they're on the phone saying, good job, great show."

Meh. I actually like both fighters, but this is a crapper.

Should be an interesting fight...although honestly both fighters underperformed in Manchester.

Paulie definatly has a chance if he boxes like he did in the first N'dou fight.

I think this fight is going to be surprisingly easy for Ricky. I expect him to do a better number on Paulie than Cotto did.

Malignaggi has nothing for him.

I think this fight is going to be surprisingly easy for Ricky. I expect him to do a better number on Paulie than Cotto did.

Malignaggi has nothing for him.

I agree. I think Malignaggi is way overrated. He really hasn't impressed in his last couple of fights and i think Ricky may well stop him.

Not interested in this fight at all. Just want Hatton to get rid of him and move on. Fight Torres!!!! RICARDO TORRES!!! Make it happen, KK!

I think if Hatton comes prepared then he will demolish Malignaggi....but I also think that's a big if.

Hatton KO's Malignaggi

In an alternate universe, maybe.

Cotto is leaps and bounds above Hatton in everything, and he could not KO Malignaggi. Paulie is very annoying, but he is tough, and he proved it in that particular fight. Which makes me dobt that someone like Hatton is putting him away with either a KO or a TKO.

I will actually take the upset here and go with Paulie by UD.

The more I think about this fight the more back and forth I am.
The Ricky Hatton that beat Kostya Tszyu should have his way with Paulie, but is that still Hatton?
And Paulie hasnt looked great the last couple times out, but that kid from the first Ndou fight could give Ricky a run for his money.
Its a tough one to call, but Im sure it will go twelve rounds, and be pretty competitive.

Paulie is fast, but I think Hatton is going to bully him with power shots and win via TKO.

Eh
Im not all that excited about this.
Both these guys looked only o.k last time out.

Maybe it was Malignaggi's hair or hand, but either way he didn't look that good at all.

Cotto is leaps and bounds above Hatton in everything, and he could not KO Malignaggi. Paulie is very annoying, but he is tough, and he proved it in that particular fight. Which makes me dobt that someone like Hatton is putting him away with either a KO or a TKO.

Toney KO'd Holyfield, yet Lennox Lewis couldn't?
Torrecampo & Singsurat KO'd Pacquiao, yet Morales couldn't?
Ranee Ganoy KO'd Robbie Pedan, yet Barrera couldn't?
William Joppy KO'd Duran, yet Hagler couldn't?
Vivian Harris KO'd Urkal, yet Tszyu couldn't?

Fighter A not being as good as fighter B, does not mean he wouldn't do better against fighter C.

Capeish?

Great fight!!!!!

Styles make fights and this fight will bring out the best in both fighters.

For the record ill take paulie by UD.

The Malignaggi that showed up to fight Cotto is dead. Cotto killed him.

Paulie has a good first round or two, eats a shot, looks terrified and runs for the rest of the fight.

Hatton needs to be looking to fight higher class fighters than malignagi this is just hatton looking to beat somebody n boost his ego, waste of time of really like the lazcano fight, and this is coming from n englishman

Laczano's no waste of time for anyone...

Back