Hatton/Lazcano plus Malignaggi/Ndou2 Today on Versus

bostonmma

Gold Belt
Reaction score
Ricky Hatton 139.75 vs Juan Lazcano 139.75
Paulie Malignaggi 139.75 vs Lovemore Ndou 139

This afternoon the one the only Ricky Hatton returns from his first loss to face the veteran Juan Lazcano in a homecoming fight that is drawing over 55k fans. this is Hatton's chance to go back down to 140 where he belongs in his quest to reclaim the title. Lazcano has not fought in a while and he seems to be tailor made for Hatton as he is a straight a head puncher with little defense. Opening things up is Malignaggi giving Ndou a rematch, this is to set up a Hatton/Malignaggi fight in the fall. Malignaggi is very slick, but does not have much power. In the first fight he handedly bead up Ndou and I don't see today's fight going any different. One thing to watch for is that this will be shown live in the US on Versus, it's great for their to be more boxing on regular cable and Golden Boy is very close to signing a long term deal with Versus. This will be a great outlet for Golden Boy to showcase their up and coming fighters. fights start at 3:30, enjoy.

Or, the Fight Network in Canada :)

I cannay wait.

Hatton Vs Lazcano should be a good tilt, even though I'm not much of a fan of Malinaggi, I will watch that 'un as well.

guinness_20040423.jpg

Amazing that the gate for this fight will be about 12 Million Us Dollars.

"Ricky Hatton will set another record tonight when his bout against Juan Lazcano (pictured) becomes the biggest grossing bout in British boxing history. Tickets sales have topped the

Amazing that the gate for this fight will be about 12 Million Us Dollars.

"Ricky Hatton will set another record tonight when his bout against Juan Lazcano (pictured) becomes the biggest grossing bout in British boxing history. Tickets sales have topped the

Way to go and through some reality in there to frighten off all the Boxing is dying folks.

War Hatton.

The Hopkins vs Calzaghe gate just showed up on the NSAC website, $ 11,636,400.00.

Business & Industry - Nevada Athletic Commission

Not bad for a dying sport, it's funny how the UFC was bragging because they broke the combat sport gate in Canada it was held by Leonard vs Duran 1. UFC 83 gate was $5,100,000.

This is on versus tonight, right? I hope this isn't a delay telecast. I want to catch the entire UFC card tonight. If I have to pick between the two, I would have to pick the UFC card. Lazcano is a good fighter and all and would put up a decent fight against Hatton, but... Ya know. I do have two TVs right next to each other. I guess I could catch both. I probably won't do that though.

Yeah, I'm pumped as well. I'm hoping I can get the people at work to let me watch it.

I'm a sports editor at a newspaper. Maybe I can keep the people at work from watching baseball until after the card finishes up.
I'm getting ready for the fights on Versus by watching Whitaker-Azumah Nelson from back in 1990. Good stuff......

I didn't know it was going to be shown on Versus. Thanks for the heads-up.

Yeah, we're lucky in terms of getting not only on free TV, but in the afternoon as well.

I'm a sports editor at a newspaper. Maybe I can keep the people at work from watching baseball until after the card finishes up.
I'm getting ready for the fights on Versus by watching Whitaker-Azumah Nelson from back in 1990. Good stuff......
Love that fight. Really shows you how good Sweet Pea could be when he was 100%.

Here is the full card, Versus is airing the main 2 fights live in an hour.

Ricky Hatton SC Juan Lazcano
Paul Malignaggi SC Lovemore N'dou
Craig Watson SC Matthew Hatton
Danny Wallace SC Mark Moran
Andrew Facey SC Thomas McDonagh
Jamie Moore SC Esau Herrera
Craig McEwan SC Juan Carlos Sanchez
Tyrone Nurse SC Baz Carey

What does SC mean? why not just vs.??

I can explain it again, when fightnews does not post the full card, I simply copy and paste what boxrec has, they use SC for some reason. It is the same as VS.

I can explain it again, when fightnews does not post the full card, I simply copy and paste what boxrec has, they use SC for some reason. It is the same as VS.

fair enough, sorry just wondering. Never seen SC be used before til I saw these threads here.

hatton great honest working class lad feet firmly on the ground.....common ricky lad !!!

Back