Hatton in decline...

JDKO

White Belt
Reaction score
Quit now Ricky! | The Sun |HomePage|Sport|SunSport Columnists

Has any1 else read Colin Hart's piece on Ricky Hatton? I couldn't agree more, he looks less like himself with each passing fight. I wouldn't back him to beat any of the top P4P fighters around his weight. I'd also have doubts about Torres or any other semi-decent fighter with power now...

I say he should beat up Mallignaggi at the Garden, then have a farewell fight back in the UK. Mayweather will absolutely destroy Hatton in a rematch, i wouldn't back it to go past the 6th...

And his head snaps back so much when a punch is landed. I've re-watched some of his earlier fights and that didn't happen. But as of recently when a jab or a right straight connects with him his head just snaps back.

Quit now Ricky! | The Sun |HomePage|Sport|SunSport Columnists

Has any1 else read Colin Hart's piece on Ricky Hatton? I couldn't agree more, he looks less like himself with each passing fight. I wouldn't back him to beat any of the top P4P fighters around his weight. I'd also have doubts about Torres or any other semi-decent fighter with power now...

I say he should beat up Mallignaggi at the Garden, then have a farewell fight back in the UK. Mayweather will absolutely destroy Hatton in a rematch, i wouldn't back it to go past the 6th...

Lets be honest here. Did Diego Corrales have a weak chin? I dont believe so and Floyd just slaughtered him and floored him with ease.

Hatton lost to Mayweather. I dont see any shame in that. I dont think he's on a decline. Rather he's being exposed a little more. But I think at 140 he's the best out there right now.

Yeah, his punch resistence has definitely got worse... Even against Collazo he was proper lucky not to go down, but i put that down to the weight. I dunno, i think most top-class punchers would have a good chance of KO'ing him nowadays, including Witter. He must be SO gutted he performed so badly against Bradley.

Lets be honest here. Did Diego Corrales have a weak chin? I dont believe so and Floyd just slaughtered him and floored him with ease.

Hatton lost to Mayweather. I dont see any shame in that. I dont think he's on a decline. Rather he's being exposed a little more. But I think at 140 he's the best out there right now.

I dont think Corrales would of got rocked by Lazcano tho... There's no shame at all in losing to Mayweather. I think Torres would beat Hatton now tho, and possibly Witter.

I agree Hatton could've looked better against Lazcano, but it's not like Hatton was fighting a stiff.

Did Diego Corrales have a weak chin?

Absolutely he did. No chin. What he DID have, was excellent recovery from being hurt, and a bag of tricks like spitting out his mouthpiece.

Absolutely he did. No chin. What he DID have, was excellent recovery from being hurt, and a bag of tricks like spitting out his mouthpiece.

yeah he was so good at spiting out the mouth piece , it was so blatant against castillo

the suns the biggest rag in english

Everyone trashes Hatton and they don't give Lazcano enough credit. Lazcano fought the fight of his life and gave Hatton some serious trouble. He's not a feather fisted fighter, so I don't see why you're knocking Hatton for getting hurt by him.

Everyone trashes Hatton and they don't give Lazcano enough credit. Lazcano fought the fight of his life and gave Hatton some serious trouble. He's not a feather fisted fighter, so I don't see why you're knocking Hatton for getting hurt by him.

Exactly and he landed nicely not as if they were questionable shots...they landed.

I didnt see Hatton in his last fight. But he is fighting very good opponents every fight now. SO he wont look so good as he did in his earlier career. If he fights PBF in Manchester he will put on a good show.

lacazano would have bodied ndou and paulie; so while i can say yes he has declined, the opp he faced was a very exp and tough worldclass fighter. Just not active.

i thought it was a rsiky fight considering hatton coming off a ko loss and having to come back down to 140; nobody walks through lazcano

also didn't mayweather have troubles w/a guy who was coming off a year or so layoff; yeah lazcano is no oscar, but hatton is no mayweather

Im NOT trying to suggest that Ricky Hatton is the best Boxer to ever live or that he's Top-Ten Pound for Pound material.

My Corrales comment has more to do with the fact that Mayweather slaughtered im worse than he did Hatton and no one ever talked about him in such a negative way as they are of Hatton. I do think Ricky Hatton is overrated by his fans. BUT, you cant deny that he has decent boxing skills, great pressure, and at 140 he is the best out there.

Guys like Zab Judah who lost to Baldomir dont get bashed like Hatton does. Personally I think he inched out the fight against Collazo and if you make the "he should have lost" argument? Well Mayweather should have lost to JLC the first time. Casamayor should have lost to Santa Cruz. DLH should have lost to Sturm. So every great fighter at some point has that one (in some cases alot more) victory that is questionable.

I think Hatton is good for Boxing and his only loss was against the best Pound-for-pound boxer in the world who was a weightclass above him and his "could-have-should-have" loss was at 147-Welter as well.

He dominated Lazcano on the scorecards. He did it aftr he was being brutally knocked out last December infront of 50,000 who were expecting him to win and nothing less. I think he as just trying to get the monkey off his back and try to move on from there.

Lazcano isnt exactly a tune-up fight. I dont recall anyone beating Lazcano easier than Ricky Hatton did. I think Lazcano faught the fight of his life and almost no one wants to give him credit.

I never really cared for Hatton, most overrated fighter in a long time(just like Floyed said). I thought he lost to Calazo and when he won I remember thinking this is as far as Hatton goes. Then he beats a shot fighter, so what. The fact that RING has him on the PFP list is a bad joke, and he will be removed from that list shortly.

I never really cared for Hatton, most overrated fighter in a long time(just like Floyed said). I thought he lost to Calazo and when he won I remember thinking this is as far as Hatton goes. Then he beats a shot fighter, so what. The fact that RING has him on the PFP list is a bad joke, and he will be removed from that list shortly.

But Floyd Mayweatehr has nothing left to prove. He already beat the best. Like DLH and Ricky Hatton (Like Floyd said).

Thats what he said but his not done fighting, you know that. Floyed will stop Oscar this time and fight Cotto/Marg in 09. Hatton is overrated and done, Floyeds not.

Back