• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hate to Break it to You, but WE Were Right About McGregor

The Irish Kardashian can fight who ever he wants - more power to him - people are addicted to nonsense/celebrity and he's exploiting that to it's fullest.

Only thing that bothers me is him holding belts he has no right to and him doing so, the deserving fighters are continually being fucked over by sitting on a shelf while this circus goes on. It's a perverse joke and hard to take this sport seriously at all.

The Irish Kardashian can fight who ever he wants - more power to him - people are addicted to nonsense/celebrity and he's exploiting that to it's fullest.

Only thing that bothers me is him holding belts he has no right to and him doing so the deserving fighters are continually being fucked over by sitting on a shelf, while this circus goes on. It's a perverse joke and hard to take this sport seriously at all.

You know we are both singular in this thought

In ten years Conor will be lining himself up to fight a overweight rehabbing 50 year old GGG.

He seems to really enjoy getting beat up by old men from different nationalities. Some kinda strange fetish or something? This fight already sounds cringe worthy. Manny has been done for years.. I can't even see this doing very good as far as sales go. I would not pay a penny to watch that scrap..

Anyway UFC is loving this . They are making a boatload of cash from this stupid shit so they won't strip him or kick him out. Dana White is Conors Don King.. He is using the boy as much as Conor thinks hes using the UFC.. In a perfect world, in a real competitive sport he would be stripped. The UFC is not that sport though. It is a circus lately. They could care less about rankings and what fighters are entitled to. They would make Brock Lesner fight a Giraff in a boxing ring or cage if they thought it would sell good.

He wants to chase the big bucks in boxing? I say cut him loose and let him. Make Tony the lineal champion. How hard is that?

...Beause he earns them more money than pretty much the rest of their roster combined.

I find it hilarious that someone who was seen at the top of the food chain would now rather been seen as a mouthy can testing out boxing. He sold out for the money but if he actually comes back to the UFC we will truly see what he was here for...the glory or just for the money.

In ten years Conor will be lining himself up to fight a overweight rehabbing 50 year old GGG.

He seems to really enjoy getting beat up by old men from different nationalities. Some kinda strange fetish or something? This fight already sounds cringe worthy. Manny has been done for years.. I can't even see this doing very good as far as sales go. I would not pay a penny to watch that scrap..

Anyway UFC is loving this . They are making a boatload of cash from this stupid shit so they won't strip him or kick him out. Dana White is Conors Don King.. He is using the boy as much as Conor thinks hes using the UFC.. In a perfect world, in a real competitive sport he would be stripped. The UFC is not that sport though. It is a circus lately. They could care less about rankings and what fighters are entitled to. They would make Brock Lesner fight a Giraff in a boxing ring or cage if they thought it would sell good.

Sadly, you're most likely right.

As a fan, it's irritating, but can't blame the guy for maximizing his earnings while he can.

When conor retires, you think he's gonna be sitting around thinking I wish I took harder fights and had CTE instead of all this cash.

I don't know if they'll strip him for fighting Pac because they'll want to promote that fight and get a cut of the profits, and they'd want to promote him as the UFC champ.

Sorry bud, the belts a prop. I think the UFC even called in purely ceremonial in court.

They're not going to remove that prop from the Pac/May promotional videos, if it happens. Dear god... why are we talking about this?

Sorry bud, the belts a prop. I think the UFC even called in purely ceremonial in court.

They're not going to remove that prop from the Pac/May promotional videos, if it happens. Dear god... why are we talking about this?

Probably there's legs to this and a decent chance it could actually happen

...Beause he earns them more money than pretty much the rest of their roster combined.
I think he's bad for UFC in long run. It's like a vulture capitalist who buy a company's sells off assets, robs pensions, etc for a few good quarters sells his stock and gets out and leaves a shell of a company. UFC is that shell. Avg PPVs way down from past. Sports name tarnished and HCs tuning out. I've been around since 2003 and one of dana's mantras was always he didnt want to be like boxing with undeserved shots and ducking. UFC is even worse than boxing nowadays because boxing commissions won't allow some of the stuff going on here. UFC is also not investing in stars slashing half their staff and relying on legacy fighters instead of building new ones the old school way - by wins.

You seem to care about the belt and interim belt more than Tony lol

I think he's bad for UFC in long run. It's like a vulture capitalist who buy a company's sells off assets, robs pensions, etc for a few good quarters sells his stock and gets out and leaves a shell of a company. UFC is that shell. Avg PPVs way down from past. Sports name tarnished and HCs tuning out. I've been around since 2003 and one of dana's mantras was always he didnt want to be like boxing with undeserved shots and ducking. UFC is even worse than boxing nowadays because boxing commissions won't allow some of the stuff going on here. UFC is also not investing in stars slashing half their staff and relying on legacy fighters instead of building new ones the old school way - by wins.

Oh, I don't disagree. Their idiotic plundering of the brand's legitimacy is a joke because the short term success hinges on fads and morons with extremely short attention spans. They're building nothing and they're deconstructing the foundation built up by zuffa.

"Being in talks" doesn't mean he's not going to be at 222

I haven't seen the info on that, but assuming it's real, it's still a bit early to think he won't UFC teh fook out of Ferg.

Dana was pretty clear that his LW belt will be stripped if Ferg wasn't his next fight. Take that for what it is... but I don't see how Dana can justify holding off the belt for another boxing match. Won't happen imo... so everyone will get what they want. Conor resistance gets the belt free... & Conor gets to do another money fight.

I'm quite surprised by your post, you were one of his staunchest supporters
Yeah i really was. Defended him a lot, but this is too much. He has no interest in defending the championship. I for one wouldnt even pay for another boxing match of his. Literally who gives a shit about that, with Floyd it was different. I hope the ppv bombs if he fights Pacquiao.

He knows that he could lose all his hype if he fights Tony. He does not want that fight. He will go to boxing take a beating and make millions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back