Has wmma regressed?

Nah, 115 and 125 are better than ever and have amazing champs Weili and Grasso plus respectable TOP 5

The women are not only more skilled than before they are more athletic, they are better at cutting weight, they start training at younger ages, more experience, and are better finishers than ever before…

The real issue is that the heavier WMMA weight classes are shallow because women naturally have smaller bodies.

Think about the talent drop off in men’s HW well that drop off happens at 135 for women

That’s why the UFC should get rid of 145 and open an 105 division instead

Last edited:
I think it's getting better for them
Ladies are looking at the bigger picture and realizing more money and easier to get is outside of the octagon for them
At the same time UFC is maybe aware they cant allow their brand value going down because wmma fights where fighters could be bigger , stronger, scarier than some if not most mma fighters, so they dont accept some weird woman to be shown in the octagon

I think it's getting better for them
Ladies are looking at the bigger picture and realizing more money and easier to get is outside of the octagon for them
At the same time UFC is maybe aware they cant allow their brand value going down because wmma fights where fighters could be bigger , stronger, scarier than some if not most mma fighters, so they dont accept some weird woman to be shown in the octagon

They don’t accept some weird woman in the octagon? 90% of wmma fighters look like juiced up aliens

To answer would be admitting to watching wmma. So, I don’t know.
<BC1>
ff70c1372f4a864a6cbf5f9dc3d38a2ff9df349c.gif

Yes it has. But so have most other divisions. Have you seen the LHW and HW divisions ?

Hmm I don’t know man. Tom Aspinall is legit as they come. Poatan is also a very high level fighter
I am referring to divisions overall not a fighter or two who only made it to the top cause they fought geriatiec has been or overmatched never weres :)

I don’t think it’s fair to pin everything on one fighter. What I see is UFC’s inability to secure the top talent at all times. It’s just not possible.

Take Dricus Du Plessis, for instance. Not the best MW imo and not an indicator of the state of men’s MMA, but in the right place at the right time.\
Bonus KO of Dricus below:

Last edited:
Even if the skill level of the fighters isn't diminishing in WMMA (which is arguable), the amount of people who give a shit about it has.

yes.

WMMA died the day Joanna retired. Joanna with her strong back carried that game, unfortunately we'll probably not see a Wmma fighter as spectacular for a long long time

jesus, pennington as champ?
i just learned this now.
for real?
It's a HUGE blackspot on WMMA. I like seeing fighters who remained in the game for a long long time win the title in the twilight of their career, But pennington (and glover) just feel like a lack of real competition.

fortunately, Pena will correct Pennington having a belt soon. the school girls on sherdog may not like pena because "her personality" or because "she talks too much" however, She's one of the only fighters in that division who will walk through the fire and fight.

Last edited:
There has definitely been a dip due to Amanda's retirement but only in the same way LHW has been empty since Jon Jones left due to boredom.

It is fun to chase approval thinking you are cool for being the elbows to pointy, parrot guy on the internet putting down women, but top level UFC women's fighting today has gotten quite competitive and respectable.

I have also noticed the impact performances of women like Cyborg, Holy, Nunes, Valentina, Joanna, Rose, even Paige have meant to my own GF. Once I realized first hand how much watching these badass women fighters perform actually meant to her, it made me feel very shitty for mocking WMMA in front of her.

Back