Has/Will anybody in mma win a "world title" in 3 different weight classes?

I think Anderson in his prime if given the right opportunities could have accomplished this feat.

Whether or not he could have reached 170 pounds healthy is the only obstacle imo

GSP could win the LW title by the end of this year, imho

It'll surely happen in the 125-155 divisions someday and maybe in the women's divisions.

Titanium Conor will take all the belts and they will need a fooking army to get them off him.
In 99% sure you are a Conor hater trying to make Conor fans look even stupider

GSP and Cejudo currently has the best chance of doing it. There may be others in the future now that trying to be champions in multiple divisions is something that fighters are now making their goals. More fighters in the future will be willing to attempt it.

With a little luck and timing, I could see Max Holloway winning the lightweight and welterweight belts. He's still relatively young and is a big featherweight. He came very close to winning the interim lightweight belt and I think he beats Do Bronx and could beat some of the top welterweights. I doubt he could handle Usman though. Not strong enough.

With a little luck and timing, I could see Max Holloway winning the lightweight and welterweight belts. He's still relatively young and is a big featherweight. He came very close to winning the interim lightweight belt and I think he beats Do Bronx and could beat some of the top welterweights. I doubt he could handle Usman though. Not strong enough.
His face (brain?) has taken the damage of a 37 year old, he is young but loves to get into wars, which i enjoy watching and i like Max, but he needs to work on his defense if he wants to fight a few more years.

I don't think GSP can cut to LW anymore. He's bigger now and it'll be tough. Back in his earlier days maybe.

Holloway nah not a chance. He'd get grapplefucked at WW. Questionable if he even stays standing from WW strikes. I don't think he will.

Some think McGregor could have KO'd Robbie Lawler in 2016.

I think Anderson in his prime if given the right opportunities could have accomplished this feat.

Whether or not he could have reached 170 pounds healthy is the only obstacle imo

I thought the idea is he would go HW not kill himself down (blown up LHW Couture).

I can't imagine gsp at 155
Why not? GSP has always walked around at somewhere in the neighborhood of 185lbs. That's probably the average walk around weight of most of the top 155ers these days. Khabib/Dustin/Tony are definitely all in that range (or heavier). With GSP's discipline and commitment I have no doubt he could make 155, probably without too much trouble.

boxing has way more weight classes.. MMA has less.. until they have the same weight classes- this debate is pointless

Anderson Silva was at some points in time the best WW, MW and LHW in the world. He was champ and #1 P4P in the early 00s as a WW, of course the MW champ in the UFC and unfortunately never fought the LHW champ pre-Jones which he certainly would have won. There's only one Anderson Silva.

What org was Silva WW champion of?

Edgar had some shit luck. Some rematches from terrible judging at lightweight ate into his time. Trying to get one over on Aldo of all people for some terrible timing at featherweight, got to his natural weightclass at bantam all too late.

Aldo himself maybe could have, had Dana actually allowed him to challenge Pettis, and had Barao not been at 135. But Aldo was too busy being the GOAT FW.

MAAYBE Cejudo could have got one at featherweight to complete his trifecta and finally earn a belt by legitimately beating the champ for once.

Back