Has the UFC's top 10 p4p ever been more dull?

1 Jose Aldo - p4p great and fighting against the establishment, whats not to like

2 Chris Weidman - Smack talks about how sexy his opponents are, WTF?

3 Demetrious Johnson - I know its p4p but no matter how hard I try I can't get into it, also boring as f**k

4 Ronda Rousey - Why is a woman on a p4p list?

5 TJ Dillashaw - Wanna be champ

6 Fabricio Werdum - Finally a HW with some personality yet they put him in the one fight I couldn't care less for.

7 Robbie Lawler - People's champ (don't care if he is boring outside the ring)

8 Rafael dos Anjos - Please let Cerrone win

9 Daniel Cormier - Fun out side the ring, not so much inside.

10 Cain Velasquez - C-level

Some dont have personalities but thats a list of great fighters who are amazing fighters and fun as hell to watch.

Why? because Anderson GSP Jones Hendo Shogun arent all there?

Why does this always happen when MMA moves on? Just because your favorite fighter isnt relevant anymore doesnt mean the current champs are not great.

This same thing happened with Pride fanboys. The kicked and screamed when newer fighters started becoming popular over their favorite fighter. It happens and its good for MMA.

Guess what? In another 10 years or so, the champs will be different again, and another thread bitching and moaning about the current rankings will be made.

This seems misplaced. Guys like Werdum and Lawler are veterans. Heck, so is Aldo, despite still being in his twenties.

Who's Ando?? Didn't Jose say pound 4 pound means nothing cause the heavy weights would win all the time; somewhere along those lines

Jose doesn't understand what P4P means.
Just because he's a great fighter doesn't mean he's a smart guy or knows what he's talking about.

I agree TS. Guys like Anderson, GSP, Jones etc just had this invincible aura about them that made you either hate or love them.

P4P is so stupid. It's all a marketing gimmick that came from boxing. I can't believe the UFC even has that shit on their official website.

I prefer watching any of those guys over GSP. Also Werdum > Brock. Brock looked pathetic in his losses.

I prefer watching any of those guys over GSP. Also Werdum > Brock. Brock looked pathetic in his losses.

Maybe so but I would bet anything that 99% of this board would be more excited for a big Brock fight than a big Werdum fight and the TS was talking about exciting. I like almost all of the current top 10 but big Brock fights had EVERYONE hyped.....Werdum not so much.

I care about 5 of these fighters:

1. Werdum

2. Cain

3. Cormier

4. Weidman

5. Aldo (only because he is such a FW GOAT that I'm interrested how high he will set the bar)

Brandon Vera was probably p4p at one point.

13910031871807692700.GIF

Embrace the future of MMA OP

This is what happens when MMA goes mainstream

Get used to the Reebok noobs

I think you meant to put Connor #1. All of a sudden that list looks much more exciting.

Back